Shipping

We just found a company in Napa (no affiliation) that ships all over the U.S. in temp controlled trucks. I do have an acquaintance that works there (just found that out).

The cost to ship coast to coast is about the same as UPS + tax but worth it to have everything shipped temp controlled to the destination city then delivered UPS. It’s about time somebody did this around here.
We’re going to give them a try and see how it works out.

If anyone in the Napa area wants more info, send me a PM.

Don’t know if this is the same outfit, but we visited Hirsch last week and Jasmin Hirsch told us that FedEx had just introduced cold chain shipping. Wine is picked up on a Friday, travels in refrigerated containers to the destination city, and is delivered the following week by regular FedEx truck before 10:00 am. The Hirsch cost was $14 per case more than regular ground shipping.

I have a case shipping on June 3rd, so we’ll see how it works.

Peter,
It’s not the same as FedEx. Below is the link for the company I’m talking about. They also handle compliance .
If anyone is interested contact : Jeff Weiss
http://www.psdnapa.com/services.cfm

Only issue I’d want to check on is being sure the wine doesn’t sit in a non-temp controlled warehouse at the destination hub over a weekend before getting on the UPS/FDX truck.

That is awesome

Bob,
They also will pack with ice if requested. They’ve really thought the whole thing out.