Las Vegas en primeur merchant

Hi everyone,

I’m seeking anyone with knowledge of, or interaction with, a merchant in Las Vegas called Dionysus Imports. Website here.

We have heard that their listed address is a brass-plate business incorporation service and since they only deal in futures this raises something of a red flag. It appears they are also lacking in a Nevada wine importation license.

I’ve had contact with the owner in the past, but have yet to receive a reply to any recent questions posed. If anyone in the community can vouch for this merchant please do so. Obviously any other comments are appreciated as well. Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Thanks,

-Long time listener, first time caller: Wine-Searcher.

I don’t have any information for you, sorry. But after looking at their web site and Google, I do have some advice – be very cautious. For a company whose web site says copyright 1998-2011, nothing of substance can be found on Google, as you have probably found on your own. They talk about their extensive experience, but don’t identify a single individual, or list any of their experience. And they repeat themselves about why ‘en primeur’, even in totally inappropriate areas. For example, when you click on ‘about us’, they talk about ‘why en primeur’, not about who they are.

Given the high profile failures of much better known retailers, taking a flyer on a company that doesn’t seem very forthcoming, let alone even well known, seems inherently risky. Hopefully someone else can chime in with actual experience with them.

Power pass…

Any relation to US Wine Association or Corporate Wines?

Very strange as I have lived in Las Vegas for 30 years and have never heard of them. I am familiar with the address listed and will check it out in the next couple of days. That being said Vegas is a mecca for scams.

The whois information doesn’t look particularly promising or enlightening either:

Registrant:

Perfect Privacy LLC
303 Peachtree Center Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303
US
Phone: +1.4042608491
Email:

Registrar Name…: Register.com
Registrar Whois…: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: ingrapeswetrust.com
Created on…: 2010-07-17
Expires on…: 2011-07-17

Administrative Contact:

Perfect Privacy LLC
303 Peachtree Center Ave
Atlanta, GA 30303
US
Phone: +1.4042608491
Email:

Technical Contact:
Web.com
Drone Team
12808 Gran Bay Parkway West
Jacksonville, FL 32258
US
Phone: +1.8009324678
Email:

DNS Servers:
b.ns.interland.net
a.ns.interland.net

The registrant is a proxy used for private domain registration services through Register.com. However, that in and of itself raises a red flag for me. Usually you use private registration if you don’t want anyone to know the actual owner contact details for the domain. I would think that a legitimate business would want that information publicly available.

Exactly.

Lol. The website provoked an instant gasp for air, mid sip none-the-less, a snort, followed by hearty laugh. A professional service of such long history and caliber cannot be serious with their run of the mill cookie cutter website that was most likely a prepackaged, comes with your subscription, “free for one full year”… Contact us provides no names of actual people to talk to and there isn’t much to what you can actually buy through them, other than being a promotional bit on simply buying “en primeur”. Completely laughable.

Funny how one of the ways search engines deduce relevancy is by the number and frequency of terms that match between your search and the page…

…and a search for “Las Vegas, En Primeur” comes up with this as #4… after WB of course.

its Vegas, pass the rip-off. Remember, you pay for futures, they fold, and your stuck, with no recourse. It only cost $125.00 to incorporate in Nevada, and you dont know who is in charge, or will you ever know. Pass. Pass