Looking to start a new distributorship in Omaha!

Hey all!

It has come to my attention that Omaha Nebraska has a need for a new fine wine distributor. I would love to hear from those ITB who they work with nationally or locally that I could pitch opening here in Omaha. Its a great city with an ever expanding wine and restaraunt culture. Many of our residents are buying privately online or in CA because of the retail market here being sub par at best. I really want to bring a great name to Omaha and start getting better wine at better prices to the good people of Omaha! I would appreciate and and all comments, suggestions and referrals!

Thanks!

Matt

Any interest in a broad portfolio of small, traditional Italian wines?

Yes! Absolutely! This is “CA Cab” city/State. International wines ( with the exception of a small percent of true wine collectors ) is limited to only the 1st -3rd Growth Bordeauxs and even that is a stretch. I really want to spearhead a new distributorship that will bring great wines from all over the world to my city. I have signficant influence over the private collectors here ( keep in mind Omaha has more millionaires per capata than any other city in the country ) and also the best restaraunt lists. We have 3 major distributors here and they have all become complacent with many of their vineyards. If the people in CA or OR or anywhere else saw first hand what I see on a daily basis they would jump ship.

Sorry to answer your question with a long message but Im trying so hard to promote change here! I would love to look over an italian portfolio. I know that they would do well!

Thanks for the response!

Any interest in a portfolio of small, European family wineries making wines that taste more expensive than they actually are? Most will retail under $20 even with the Euro at 1.48.

Peeked by zee real Fraunchman who weel come to your place and impress your coostomers wit eees funny Fraunch accent!

Oui oui Monsieur!

Matt,

Happy to provide some insight into this: jesse@pwmwine.com

Matt.

Talk with Jesse… he used to live here( big plus )!! He’ll be able to help you with the weirdness of Omaha and the Nebraska laws…

Very Knowledgeable Dude and ITB!!

Paul from Omaha. If you care to chat sometime.

PBacino@aol.com

As it happens, our distributor in Omaha is one of the very few who represent us who have actually stayed solvent and kept moving wine through the bad economy.

Randy,

Hope it wasn’t Sterling!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42829909/ns/local_news-omaha_ne/

Paul

Nope, we’ve been very pleased with Steve Drehsen of Platinum Wine Distributing in Omaha.

Steve and Platinum are both very good! They are in the minority but like you said, one of the best!

It was a mistake not to preface my OP by saying that there are some very good, knowledgeable distributors here that care about the vineyards they represent. So I apologize to those people and there clients because like Randy said, there are those here who have fought hard through a bad economy both on the retail and distribution side. Paul Epstein at Falcon is an amazing guy who has done a lot for me and John Drainey at Omaha Wine Company is also someone who is not only a friend but a mentor. My OP was really inspired by only a select few. So to those great houses here and the clients they represent, I’m sorry for unfairly categorizing you with those who are hurting are market!

Any interest in Spain, Chile, or Argentina? I’m blown away with the quality of wines I’m working with.