Just did my first ever inventory check!

OMG! i had no idea…felt like a Eugene O’Neill play…long day’s journey…this is a tough business!

Michelle-

How has Trinidad been treating you so far? Hopefully we’ll make it down that direction this summer on the MC.

Chris

Inventory checks make you want an automated inventory/point of sale system. Inventory checks after you install the automated inventory/point of sale system make wonder why you wasted the money and time on the inventory/point of sale system. [scratch.gif]

My point-of-sale system updates inventory in real time and I couldn’t live without it.

However … it probably took me a year (or two) to make peace with the realization that there were always going to be slight discrepancies. A clerk accidentally scans in two bottles of Flowers Chardonnay rather than one and doesn’t notice that the customer is paying for a total of eight bottles but only walking out the door with seven. A week later there will be a note on my desk saying “the computer thinks we only have three bottles of Flowers Chardonnay but we really have four”. What’s worse, of course, is the opposite: we’re supposed to have four bottles but can only find three. Incompetent clerk? Shoplifter? Receiving error?

You REALLY have to have religion about POS or it is almost useless for inventory. Among many other things… it can’t see you open a bottle for tasting.
[oops.gif]

@Richard - I love a POS system that updates in real time! Saves you from searching for wines that were already sold earlier!

Also, consider input errors, or perhaps a customer set the bottle down in another area of the store…