Finger Lakes wine: Shamelessly promoting my book, with video trailer

I’d like to think that even though I write about Finger Lakes wines, I’ve established that I’m hardly a booster or cheerleader. The region has challenges and limitations. But I wrote this book because there are some wonderful stories that have yet to be told. It was a two-year labor. I’d like to think that real research and long-form writing is still alive and capable of thriving.

If you want to check out the site, it’s here:

http://www.evandawsonwrites.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the video trailer, which is here:

Summer in a Glass (Book Trailer) - YouTube" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If this is too prostitutional in nature, I’ll trust the mods to take it down.

Good luck with the book but I believe your post should be in the ‘Pimps’ section.

See, I wondered. Not familiar with the section, but I have a feeling I soon will be!

No biggie. I’m sure they allow ‘mulligans’ around here.

Basic rule is that if you’re selling something, it goes in the pimps or perhaps even commerce corner. Now that I consider it more, Commerce Corner may be the final destination.

Just ask a moderator to move it to the appropriate forum.

Mods! Walt has a good point. I defer to you guys.

Even before it gets moved, congrats to you Evan. Look forward to checking out the book. The Finger Lakes is something I need to drink more of in the New Year… after all, I live in NY! Hopefully the book will give me the push to drink riesling outside of the Mosel, Wachau, etc.

Bravo, Evan!

The video is beautiful. (Though I was disappointed no one shouted names of famous wineries at me. [wink.gif] )

Are you doing any book signings in the Albany area?

Ken - Thus far, it’s Finger Lakes, Boston, NYC, but we figure Albany will be in there. I promise you’ll know.

Regarding the video, well, let’s just say that videos have been a bit scrutinized in the wine writing field lately…! But I thought the production company was able to use the script I put together very effectively. I appreciate your kind words very much.

Thanks, Jon. Very high ceiling for Riesling in this region. Still very few hitting that ceiling, but good changes happening.