WTF! Delivery people are brainless

A little while ago we had this delivery person comes wheeling through our front door with his hand truck. Randy almost loses him temper and points out on the invoice it states “DELIVERIES THROUGH BACK DOOR ONLY” We do this because we have wood floors . He says “I’m new, this is my first time here”. duh ! learn to read …

I glance over and notice these big bottles in a box, I grab one and it isn’t anything close to what I ordered. I’m wondering where my Port is and whose mags I have of some pretty expensive wine. Even stranger is the distributor I ordered from doesn’t even carry this wine but the correct wine is listed on the invoice.
Apparently the delivery person never looked at the invoice to see what or where to deliver and figured he’d give us whatever was left on the truck at 5:30p.m so he could go home !
[scratch.gif]

Carrie - one would think that if they weren’t brainless, they wouldn’t be a delivery person. Just sayin’… [wink.gif]

Those were my mags. You must have forgotten I was having them shipped to you. Just pack them up and ship them out to me ASAP.

Thanks.

Wait a minute there…

Those Old Sparky Mags are mine!

I work for UPS.

don’t tell anyone ! neener
It wasn’t UPS, it was from a distributor.

They found my order and delivered it today and picked up the mags.

That would be funny, Carrie, if it weren’t so maddening.

The biggest lesson I have learned, being open for all of two months, is that you will spend half your time in this business correcting other people’s (very) avoidable errors.

Btw, business is great. We are where I had hoped we would be after one year. Our opening month, October, was marginally profitable. And our first Holiday season is off to a roaring start. Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful advice!

If one more delivery guy attempts delivery downstairs, I’m going to shoot. Missed an important delivery today because they were too lazy/stupid/whatever to realize Unit B is upstairs.

I could contribue to the OP’s subject line but I couldn’t resisit the temptation to point out a couple delivery, guys that I have had the pleasure to work with that go against this grain.

Since leaving the retail side, and moving back into restaurants, I haven’t had much contact with delivery people, since we’re not open yet, but I received word that one of my would-be delivery guys, from a smaller distributor has since graduated with his BA in Political Science and BS in Math and was recently accepted into the Univ. Texas School of Business on a mission to get his Masters. Sad that I won’t have him anymore as someone I work with that truly makes a difference, but I’m elated to hear the good news that he is moving onwards and upwards with his dreams and passions.

Second, a dear friend of mine started off as a delivery guy for a small distributor here in Dallas, and after a couple of lay-offs in the company and shortage of staff (reps), they moved him up into sales. His first year as a rep he turned a relatively unsucessful route and coverage area into a $1mill/year territory, banking a cool $100k+ in salary. Keeping this up for sometime has offered him the opportunity to move back out East with his girlfriend. Plans for engagement and a bright future lay ahead.

Hats off to these guys!

Denny,

What’s your record toss on a package containing a 40 pound case of wine? [highfive.gif]

Sorry Randy. I lied. [stirthepothal.gif]

An executive at one investment bank, upon seeing me haul two big bags of carry-out Chinese food on the 11th floor, told me that security policy forbade “lunch-delivery boys” from entering beyond the building lobby. He spoke slowly and loudly, since I probably did not understand Engrish.

Did you kick his ass with your supernatural kung-fu powers? :slight_smile:

probably after he wrung his neck with a wet noodle neener

An executive at one investment bank, upon seeing me haul two big bags of carry-out Chinese food on the 11th floor, told me that security policy forbade “lunch-delivery boys” from entering beyond the building lobby. He spoke slowly and loudly, since I probably did not understand Engrish.[/quote]

Did he make this f**ktard assumption notwithstanding your wearing a coat & tie?

On the flip side, it never ceases to amaze me how many times I’m in a store and people start asking me questions as if I work there. This includes places like Best Buy, where I’m clearly NOT dressed in the corporate-required outfit…

Bruce

Did he make this f**ktard assumption notwithstanding your wearing a coat & tie?

On the flip side, it never ceases to amaze me how many times I’m in a store and people start asking me questions as if I work there. This includes places like Best Buy, where I’m clearly NOT dressed in the corporate-required outfit…

Bruce[/quote]

I was at Target once wearing a shirt and tie (no red) and a lady came up to me asking me where a certain item was.
her: Where are the storage boxes located
me: I don’t know
her: how do you not know?
me: huh?"
her: don’t you work here??"
me: looks up and down myself as i’m clearly wearing a dress shirt, tie, slacks and dress shoes. No I do not.

I was wearing a polo shirt, khakis, and boat shoes. No tie or jacket. He later walked by my corner office overlooking Madison Square Park. Had the wine cases not distracted him, he probably wondered why I was eating that same Chinese food at a mahogany dining table.

OK, so not 100% f**ktard then.

Bruce

Were you able to tell him to f*-off in Mandarin? Or ask him what such an obvious low-life was doing in the building?