Open for business....i am tingling.

Just wanted to announce that I am officially open for business…my dream come true. Eight months in the making (from scratch). Southern Colorado/ Northern New Mexico wine, spirits and beer lovers are more than encouraged to come visit! Tire Shop Wine & Spirits, 601 W Main Street, Trinidad, CO.

1 Like

Congrats! Oddly, I actually know folks in Trinidad. I’ll pass the word. Keep us posted and good luck!

1 Like

Congratulations! The one thing I’ve always been too conservative to try is starting my own business and I admire those of you that do. I hope you make a zillion bucks.

Congrats! [cheers.gif] Hope it is SUPER successful for you!

Michelle,
Awesome! I’m very happy for you. I’ve have been through all the emotions involved with opening a wine store. Go get 'em !

Congrats, Michelle!

And if you want any advice on customer service and abuse, just ask Carrie! flirtysmile

Best of luck to you.

“Tire Shop Wine & Spirits”

Sounds very male-centric if you are selling tires too. [highfive.gif]

If this is what it takes to make you tingle, alert the media - and your husband or SO. Someone’s been doing it wrong. [snort.gif]

Oh, congratulations and welcome to Wine Berserkers, where very little is sacred. [berserker.gif]

its probably just the carple tunnel setting in.

You should sue your employer for poor work environment.

I kid…congratulations on starting your own business.

Thanks all for the well wishes!!

My soft opening was a success, mostly friends (who are very forgiving of opening day glitches). Now I just have to get used to the unexpected rushes and the worrisome slow times, I guess.

No, I do not sell tires…but I have had several people walk in, look confused and ask, “So where are the tires?” The building, a former tire shop from the early days of automobiles, is historic with beautiful depression era “Trinidad Tire Shop” murals and everyone in town will forever call it “the tire shop”. So, I decided to take advantage of all that by calling my place Tire Shop Wine & Spirits and adding “Wine & Spirits” neons next to the murals.

Anyway, thanks again everyone…and Rick, thank you for spreading the word!

That’s great Michelle! Congratulations! Sometimes it may feel like you just sold your last bottle of wine ever, but be assured, that will not be the case . . . :slight_smile:

I know…today i went an hour and a half without a walk-in and then sold $300 in about three minutes…crazy business! All in all in a very good three days now.

Congrats Michelle, I sent you a message on my new distributor in Colorado, hope you can work with them. I would love to see you carry our wines too!

That is really cool to bring in the history of your building into your new shop!

Headed to Santa Fe from Denver next weekend. We’ll try and stop in. Good luck!

Thanks, Nola…I did receive your email. I have had my hands full with getting my doors open, so I haven’t had much time to think about adding new distributors. Will look into this, but very few people send trucks down this far South in Colorado without a pretty big order.

Thanks, Michael…would love to see you! I am there pretty much all day on Saturdays.

Don’t worry, they’ll let you order lots of cases to get the delivery! [snort.gif]

in all seriousness congratulations on the opening, good to hear it is going well. I have family out there that lives in littleton area on pinehurst, it is a beautiful area. is that anywhere even close to you that I could send a referral?

Thanks, Steve, but I am pretty far from Littleton (about 175 miles south, very close to the New Mexico border). But, a lot of people travel through here on their way to Taos, Santa Fe and Albuquerque…I’m a stone’s throw from I-25 on Main Street in Trinidad (exit 13). I’d love any referrals you can give. Thanks!

Btw, my Grand Opening exceeded my high expectations. I am thrilled about that!

Michelle,

I don’t know what the liquor laws are in Colorado, but are you able to sell wine on line??? Even if you can’t, do you have a website in the works?