The power of Berserkers!

I got a call from a man the other day, he had searched every place for a specific wine & vintage he couldn’t find it. He got a Google hit and clicked on it directing him to a tasting note here from a member that happened to comment he bought the wine from me on my recommendation, the guy found our number & called.
flirtysmile

Or did you mean the power of google? neener

You know, the funny thing is that this is a direct result of Todd’s decision to leave Wine Talk open to search engines. Had that note been posted at eBob, it would not have been found since, even before the paywall there, they blocked search engines. One more advantage of being open to people finding and connecting to your information.

Did that man by any chance have a last name of Posner?

[stirthepothal.gif]

[pillow-fight.gif] No and you behave

Never understood eBob blocking Google and other search engines? Don’t you want people to read about wine via search engines, be directed back to the BB, and perhaps gain a new customer / member to the pay and non paying aspects of your website?

[scratch.gif]

I think it’s that they have a proprietary attitude to ‘their’ data and don’t really understand or don’t believe in the advantages of opening up their data to discovery and interaction.

Which wine, Carrie?

Yes, it shows an utter and fundamental misunderstanding of the power of the web.

Royal City, sold it all to him but one bottle [rofl.gif] (sorry couldn’t resist, avatar is getting more understanding ??)
flirtysmile

it was past vintage of Sean Thackrey Sirius.

Funny stuff there Ms. Bowman.
[drinkers.gif]

Rock and roll, Berserkerrama

What wine? Who’s note? Inquiring minds want to know!

http://www.wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?p=403340#p403340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Right on queue

Cue, you dolt. neener

This is a “queue”:

Bob is correct. neener

You guys are cueless ! neener

Ken,
if you missed it, the wine was the Sean Thackrey Sirius

No. Ken is correct:

http://www.wineberserkers.com/viewtopic.php?p=403756#p403756" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But at least Bob can learn. [highfive.gif]

Fat freakin’ chance Carrie. [wow.gif]