How far to go to get the advertising $

I get a call today from one of those companies hired by a local high school, wanting us to advertise in the high school’s football program for $100 per game. Lets see. Napa Valley WINE and CIGAR. You want a booze seller to advertise in a school program and worse yet, we are heavily taxed on cigars for anti-smoking programs for youth and you want us to advertise that deadly vice too?

I explain that our advertising in the program would be inappropriate. The caller goes on saying its okay we’ll just print Napa Valley Wine and Cigar supports our youth. I ask if they will pay the $1,250.00 fine for advertising tobacco products and cover our lost revenue during the 90 day suspension of our license. No they can’t pay fines or pay us for losses, but there two more ways the caller has to make it look good and bring us business.

Finally, I come up with the answer: NO!.

Wow … there’s nothing quite like a lack of common sense, is there.

You should have referred them to Roberto, who could in turn have put them in relation with some very successful businesses in the San Fernando Valley - I hear they have lots of openings for ambitious 18y old girls.