After 18 months of Red Tape...

They are cutting the wall from here in the store into our soon to open tasting room. I picked out the floor and wall treatments today as well. I’ve been saying for a while that, until I actually pour someone a drink and collect some $$$, it’s an abstract concept. Seems like it might actually be real.

Champagne tonight!

Great news, Roberto! Congratulations! I think your store’s selection would benefit greatly from an accompanying tasting room.

Thanks, Brian!

Congratulations, Roberto!

Just wondering…

Did you cannibalize some storage space for this or expand?

What was the red tape? I know licensing in general is a PITA, I’m having my own issues with NY right now.

No, we took another storefront next door that is half as wide as our store.

The red tape was not really anyone saying “No” but waiting weeks or even months for understaffed agencies to LOOK at our application and stamp it approved. Then our planning commission hearing got moved twice for similar reasons.

That sounds par for the course.

Congrats dude! I look forward to checking it out. I assume wine AND beer? Will there be a door way from your shop into the bar?

I assume expanded bathroom facilities are also in the works, no?

Wine, Beer, Bubbles and Sake. You will enter and exit (and pay!) through the shop (that’s the hole they are cutting now) and the front door of the tasting room will be an emergency exit only. We aren’t stupid enough to let you go into the wine tasting area and then leave without going through the actual shop! That’s marketing 101.

Yes, nice bathrooms and also a retail area for accessories, hot sauces, mostarda, glasses, ect.

[dance-clap.gif]

Sheesh. I was complaining it took one week and 2 minor changes to get my plans approved.

Congratulations and I hope construction goes smoothly for you.

The construction is almost done. We waited to breach the wall for reasons of dust, noise and air conditioning.

Thanks, Randy.

That’s typical of California’s ABC offices - legendary for their bumbling ways -

Congrats Roberto - that is great news - nothing better for a retailer to have another soap box to stand on and preach “the word” -

Launch date been set yet?

Can’t wait to try your recco’s for wine with hot sauces…prolly a Coturri or two, no doubt… neener

Our launch date was August 1st of 2009!!!

As to wine with hot sauce, frizzante or full on bubbly Rosé with some nice fruit to it. Or Flemish Red Ale!

This is great…I can finally stop trekking over Topanga for the Woodland Hills tastings on Sat afternoons (altho’ I am heading over today for their Austrian tasting).

They are blast polishing the floors right now. I feel like I am sitting next to a jet engine. I may have to have a beer soon.

Oh my God…now they are vacuuming up the dust up using a huge vacuum with a plastic tip that is making a sound like the bleating baby dinosaur in one of the really bad Jurrasic Park sequels only as loud as a foghorn. It’s almost obscene!

LOL. [rofl.gif] did you make it, Roberto?

So do I have to keep bringing Berserkers to your shop now?