Chambers St Wines - Great Service

There have been some retailer rants out there recently so I thought I would throw out a positive experience…

I had CSW ship some wines they were holding last week during a “cool” spell here on the east coast. They were shipped to my residence (my office won’t accept alcohol) for Friday delivery.

I’ve had wine shipped to my residence many, many times from CSW and an adult signature has never been required so I didn’t ask when I arranged for the shipping… well, I came home from work and low and behold… one of the UPS stickers was waiting for me on my front door saying that an adult signature was required and they would attempt delivery again on Tuesday (temps were forecast to be close to 100F on Tuesday).

I called CSW to find out if I could avoid this happening in the future and how we could save the wine and they immediately offered to replace the wines at no cost without any prompting and despite this not really being anyone’s fault… (apparently they had the wine shipped from a different off-site location that requires adult signatures)

In the end I was able to have UPS let me pick up the wine at the distribution center that night… (not fun in Friday rush hour traffic when it’s on the other side of the city)… but just really top notch and refreshing customer service from CSW.

(The clerks at UPS at 8pm on Friday night before a long weekend were not quite as helpful.)

I have received nothing but top notch service from this retailer. I also love their selection. I’m glad to know that you’re happy with them as well.

They’ve been my favorite retailer ever since they’ve opened. Hard to believe it will be 10 years next year.