Best wine shops on Cape Cod?

Subject says it all. I already know Chatham has no good wine shops (anymore). Does Hyannis have any? Looking for a large variety of high-end stuff.

I have no personal knowledge of whether this place is any good, but when I asked the proprietress at Chillingsworth this same question, she referred me to http://www.orleanswineandspirits.com. My wife and I are spending a week up there at the end of July and I intend to check this out for myself.

Shameless self promotion. Harwich East Liquors. Intersection of 39 and 137. Come find me personally. What you see in the store isn’t always what you get.

I have no knowledge either, but I say support the fellow berserker!!!

Look for a tall, dark (and a little thick) guy wit ha southern accent toward the end of July…

cape cod package store in centerville is the best IMO. This is my go to spot as it is onyl 10 minutes from my parents house.

great wine selection

Thanks, I will definitely stop by later this week.

Not sure about wine shops, but anyone know where the entrance to the Cape Cod Tunnel is? Looking to avoid bridge traffic neener !

I heard the lobster shaped wine bottles are better than the lighthouse shaped bottles, or is this just an urban legend?

Sounds more like a NYC accent to me. [wink.gif]

It was great meeting you today John. Very good prices at the shop, even better with the case discount. I’m surprised there’s not much of a market for Burgundy around here, but since nobody else is selling it that must be the case…

I actually have experience with Cape Cod wine shops. Keep in mind that when you live in PA, every wine shop that is not owned by Nazi Fascist Pigs looks good.

The prices are high where. Sorry. But the Orleans (If I remember the name correctly) is by far and away the best on the island.

Hands down, Orleans wine & spirits! amazing shop, they are also importers/wholesalers. very euro-centric. lots of '05 BDX that they are also having deals on. 2 for 1 on half bottles of Chateau Rieussec(forget how much). antonelli’s latest line-up from Umbria is pretty outstanding top to bottom. liquor locker in Chatham has lots of cali hi-end, but is a nightmare when it’s crowded.

I type Yankee but I talk Southren (that’s how we say it)

I just called them, despite the website they do claim to sell Burgundy also. I’m going to visit them as well.

Tyler - I went in this weekend and the selection is very ordinary - Kendall Jackson was one of the better ones. They seem to be going through a renovation, so maybe the good stuff is in storage. Seabury Wine and Spirits in Mashpee Commons has had a good selection, but nothing extraordinary, although I have not been in this season.

they have a selection of gems in the basement, their list is online.

I have purchased 96 dom and other older champagne from them within the last year.

The online list is certainly better than what is on the shelves. The store is clearly in a temporary state during the renovation, but there is no indication in the store that anything of quality is available. I guess you have to be a regular to know about the good stuff, especially with the construction. I’ll give it another try once the renovation is done.

Funny thing…And probably more history than you wanted. The original “Lobster” bottle was the creation of the Chatham Winery in the early 80’s. All fruit wine, Bartlett Pear, etc. It went defunct and badly…South African businessmen involved…not a good scene. But as a teenager working my father’s store in Chatham, and then through college, people would always ask me about the Lobster bottle. One day, the ladies who used to own Truro winery asked me about new ideas. I said, if you could ever come up with an original bottle, capey, you’d make a mint. Not taking total claim for this, but the next year, the lighthouse bottle was put out. Cranberry blush. 14.99. Sold like butter. Now, under new ownership, there’s a Chardonnay Light(house) and a Diamond Light(house). Price is now $15.99 as you can imagine :wink:

Peter, you need a sticker to enter this tunnel. It’s only $15.95 and you can buy it at my shop…:slight_smile: