Where I Join Forces with Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Co

Yes, as the headline states, I have joined forces with Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Co. I am incredibly excited to work with Daniel for many reasons. He has been a friend and colleague since 2002, and I don’t think I have exchanged more e-mails outside of who I’ve been working for, than with Daniel. We’ve always clicked on many levels. I love how opinionated Daniel is as it complements my opinionated self perfectly. You’d think we’d butt heads but anybody who has met Daniel knows, he is a teddy bear. You just wanna hug him.

I am also extremely excited to bring my expertise, knowledge and passion in German wines, geek wines, natural wines, real wines, Beaujolais, Loire, Austria, Jura, etc. to Daniel’s fine operation and help grow these categories. The sky is the limit. Grapes speciality is Rhone and Burgundy with outliers in CA, WA, Italy and the former wine-producing nation of Australia. We will complement each other very well and our joining of forces is a natural evolution for Grapes. We will be a force to be reckoned with! So let the offers begin!

I’ll be at Grapes this Saturday for the filming of the final episode of the Sadat X True Wine Connoisseur and will be the DJ too. Come one, come all.

OH NO, not the two of you together ? YIKES ! neener

Congrats. Sounds like an awesome team that will be a good compliment for each other.

Thanks Carrie…the deadly duo. [highfive.gif]

Looking forward to Dan offering more German, Loire, etc, wines!

Etc. is my speciality.

Lyle,

Congrats and best of luck. Maybe you can teach Dan a thing or two about NY sports teams.

Regards,

Jon

He’ll learn in October. I am a patient man. And Mark Sanchez will have a horrible Ryan Leaf-like sophomore year while Eli will be the Manning everyone thinks when you hear Manning.

Wow! Surprising news! Good luck. [thumbs-up.gif]

Does this mean you won’t post here anymore? [cry.gif]

Of course I will. Why wouldn’t I? [whistle.gif]

So would you be using this site to pimp for Posner?

No. Never use the boards as pimp material. That’s my blog. And really don’t do it much there. What is your definition of pimping?

We’ve never met but I’m known for sticking by my guns on wines. I am not going to start saying CDP is great because Dan sells it. My positions on wine are unchanged. I will continue to post as I have. If that is pimping, then I’m pimping. But I really don’t think it is.

Congrats guys!

Danke, Eric.

I think when you come on this site or any other wine site telling people to go to your place of business, that’s pimping. Dan has his own site, you can go there and talk about it all you want without being a pimp.

I’m pretty sure this is the pimping section here, if i am not mistaken. It’s an announcement and I felt like making it here as I am part of this community and thought people would want to know. If it offended you, I am sorry. But I am not gonna retract it. I don’t think I have done anything wrong. Isn’t this what this section is for?

Should I move this to cellar rats? Is it in the wrong forum?

If I started working with K & L would you have the same reaction?

That’s great news Lyle - there’s nothing like putting together a powerhouse staff - You guys are going to have a blast -

Yes Lyle I would! If you think you’re the only one ITB, you’re wrong, and no one else is posting for people to come into their store!