Wow!!! New to the wine business are you?

Two East Asian guys just came here after playing phone tag for an appointment to show me some Okanagan Valley white wines, a Chard and a “soft” chard / Viognier / Chenin blend…“for the LADIES”.

First words (unprompted) out of their mouths were “We opened these bottles last Thursday (it’s Monday)”. Both the wines were the color of Sauternes so I ask them, “Which warehouse are these at…Zephyr, ABX, WineLove?” and they say “In Vernon…” (industrial area near railheads many miles inland…hot) and VOLUNTEER “It’s not refrigerated, but we have insulation to keep light out…”

I tell them I could not possibly buy wine with that provenance and they are STUNNED. I sent them off to Trader Joe’s…

Sounds like they have lots to learn. Maybe it’s supposed to be served hot like tea !

You gotta love the Vernon “terroir.” I also love the “insulation” to keep the light out line. As opposed to all of those open air warehouses we hear so much about…

Bruce

Ah, the wonderful nose of a Farmer John Chard [snort.gif]

Roberto - their mistake was getting the story wrong.

They should not have told you that the wine was opened since last week but instead said that some people think it’s oxidized but the winemaker INTENDED to make it that way because it’s really small production and native yeast and all that. blahblah And that tasty gem could be yours!

Sigh.

Honesty in wine marketing. What’s next?

[cheers.gif]