Wine storage on Peninsula for small quantity of wine?

Anyone have experience with WineBank in Menlo Park for storage? I’m looking for somewhere that would be cost-effective for storing a very small quantity of wine (only ~5 cases worth), and WineBank appears to be one of the few local places offering very small sizes for shelf lockers. (K&L’s RWC location does too, I’m told, but has a waiting list that’s too long for what I need.) Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Where in the Peninsula are you located?

K&L has another warehouse in San Carlos, but they don’t have any lockers that small.
I use Arco Wine storage in South San Francisco.

Do you anticipate needing more than 8-9 cases of wine of storage in a year or so? It’s a slippery slope =D

I have used Winebank for over 2 years and I’m extremely pleased with their “manned” service and facility. I went with them because of the K&L waitlist, the location and reviews. The only grumble is that they are not open on Monday but they have good hours every other day. They have everything you would expect; unique access codes, carts, ability to receive shipments (I had 2 pallets shipped!), ability to buy and sell wine, options for lable printing with links to CellarTracker, etc.
There are not that cheap but I feel that they are worth the money given their location in the peninsula (and close to 101 too!). Would definitely recommend them.

Mike, unless this is some recent development, WineBank has been open 7 days a week for at least a couple of years, probably more.

I’ve been using them for storage pretty near to when it opened, and am a totally satisfied customer.

Actually you are correct, they are open 7 days a week. Not sure where I got the Monday closing from… and I was waiting until Tuesday to deposit the weekend haul… [scratch.gif]

It’s quite possible. :slight_smile: I need the storage for the current set of cases ASAP because I’m going to be out of the country for a few months. Other than location, one of the things I liked about WineBank (based on web research alone) is that it has very small lockers that I could start with, and then upgrade to larger space as I need it. I’m glad to hear people have had good experiences with it. Thanks much for your replies.

\

L. Williams

Hey Levi,

When I lived in the Bay Area, I used http://www.millbraewinestorage.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great prices…I think they had some promotion where if you pay for 6 months, you get one free, etc, etc.

They had small storage all the way to huge rooms. Secure and cost effective.

I think it was a year or so ago they started being open on Mondays. (That was the one drawback, as a [former] restaurant person, Monday is chore day.) Anyway, very happy with them.