Mini Cork Rant

What do you say to a woman who, because she broke a cork, doesn’t want to “take a chance” on ANY other bottle in the store (not just another of the same)?

PLEASE get rid of all corks on everyday wines now!!!

Well, it’s not like you’re the only store selling wines with corks, so… guess she’s going to pretty much stop drinking most wines altogether.

After reading the thread title I thought this was going to be a rant on mini corks. newhere

Yeah I totally thought this was gonna be a rant on small corks. Like the small corks in 375s Regnard Chablis…love that stuff.

… ah, the ugly downside of only selling Champagne and Italian wines [tease.gif]

offer her a corkscrew with a longer screw [stirthepothal.gif]

Ask her to place her hand down on your counter. Then smash her nails with a hammer and tell her to grow some cajones while you ring up a set of Lee Press-on Nails for her.

Sorry…

Oh, come on. Just wish her all the best. It’s not like she’s going to find another store with no wines sealed with corks.

Wait, are you saying you don’t stock any wines sealed with screwcaps?

a. “Leave, idiot!”

b. Suggest a wine shop conveniently close to a mental institution

c. both of the above

This sounds like something that would happen in the greater Los Angeles area. Was this woman carrying any chihuahuas in a handbag or wearing over-sized sunglasses or suffering from the exaggerated effects of multiple plastic surgeries?

God, I knew my ears were ringing-just had a regular show up with two bottles he couldn’t open with his 10 year old ‘wing’ arm corkscrew-looked like he used a nail gun! Good times!

me, too. Instead, we get a cork mini-rant. I was going to chime in on the shortness of the cork on the López de Heredia Viña Tondonia Gran Reserva I opened recently–no Gaja cork there, for sure.
alan