Looking for a TX distributor

Hey Pimps,

I need your help.

I am seeking a TX distributor who might be interested in my portfolio. I represent small family producers who make high quality wines that will sell for under $25 retail. Basically, these wines taste more expensive than they actually are. The wines have been pretty successful in every market they’ve entered, so I really want to break into the Lone Star State.

You can see what and who I rep at my website, http://www.vinotas-selections.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers! [berserker.gif]

Michel, I’ll try and get you some names of some smaller distributors that might match up. The two big boys in the market are Glaziers here in Dallas and Republic out of Houston but I’m 99% sure they wouldn’t be a good fit. I’ll report back when I have something.

Joe, thanks so much! I agree, a small/mid-size distributor would be a better fit, and I prefer working with those anyway. Their salespeople are still passionate and not just trying to move units. Here in NYC I am distributed by T Edward, Gabriella and Little Wine Company, and all three are great outfits with really motivated folks.

Thanks again! [thankyou.gif]

Michael-
Try Avante Beverage. http://www.avantebeverages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our winery has a production of 3K a year and have a good amount of success with them.
Good luck!

Macario,

Thanks for your assistance!
Michel

I would love to try these wines when you find a way to get them here!

Hey Macario,
good to see you posting over here [basic-smile.gif]

Carrie-
I like to spread the good word around. (-:

+1

Trust me, you’ll hear about it, I make lots of noise about the wines I represent!

When are you gonna be in Tejas to schlep your wares?

Not sure but I’ll let you know the moment I do know. I’ll give you plenty of time to warm up that grill of yours. [wink.gif]

Warm up, hell…it’s always on.

Virtuoso Selections might be good. They have the type of wines for which you are looking.

Avante and Virtuoso are both pretty good. There are several others that could suit your needs, too. Send me an email or pm and I can get you a list of some that I’ve found to be good here. I’m not ITB technically. Instead, I run my country club’s wine program as a board/committee member. I end up dealing with the distributors a lot directly and through the club’s staff so I have a decent feel for both the consumer/restaurant perspective and, thorugh my BB and winery contacts have a relatively good sense on how many of the distributors treat their brokers/producers.

David, Chris, thanks so much, your assistance is very appreciated.

Avante
Ambiente
Virtuoso
Pioneer
Prestige
Serendipity
Horizon

Theses are all distributors that I work with on a daily basis. I know that they’re always looking for great wines. If you’d like some names and numbers of who to talk to with any of those companies, I’d be glad to provide them for you.

Which of these guys might be willing to handle an extremely small producer like myself (150 to 300 cases)?

JP, Chris, PMs sent. Thanks for your assistance! [thankyou.gif]

Oh yeah, and South-Tex is another one. All the aforementioned distributors are those which would be more than happy to have (and they do have), exactly what you’re offering.

PS: Thanks for the welcome P. Robert

I never got a PM Abood, I was excited to get my first one on this message board and it never came.