Experience with Dirler-Cade Alsace wines?

Greetings wine freaks,
I am curious to hear about your experiences with Dirler-Cade wines, the more recent the better.
They too are joining team DtE.
:slight_smile:
Sante

I had a few 2004s a while back. Not terribly impressed.

Any details David? (Particular bottlings?)

Don’t really recall. I have had 2000s, 2001s and 2004s in the past. Nothing stood out as worth it to me.

I know one of the wines was the '01 GewĂĽrztraminer Kitterle. I think I may have had that same wine in 2004, but not sure. I know I have also had Muscat. There was a Riesling or two in there as well.

Thanks.
The Cade portion of the estate has only been there since 2000, so I gather that you got to see some of the first steps.
Over a decade of biodynamic farming later, quality is perhaps in a different echelon now.
As to “worth it” that is all relative to what one paid for the wines, which I fear were pricier over a decade ago vs what I will be offering.
At the prices i’ve got dialed up, I can’t imagine anyone questioning their value.

Is this offer coming soon?

Likely two weeks out…there is a line of goodies waiting to be offered…

Always happy to try again.

Regardless though, doesn’t this belong in CC?

There is in fact no offer here, so why would CC be appropriate?
I’m looking for discussion of their work, thus, Wine Talk.

uh-huh…sure.

I recently came across the 2004 Kessler Vendange Tardive Riesling at a local wine store Alsace tasting. I know zilch about Alsace and not much more about Rieslings, so I was there to broaden my experience. I found the KVT to be a very tasty, interesting wine, with some sweet tropical fruit on the nose. It had a broad, smooth sweet flavor that was nicely balanced with acid and the emergence of a few caramel notes. It was the only wine I enjoyed enough to buy a couple bottles and bring home.

More Alsacian misadventures for you Robert?

Perhaps not CC, but definitely a “pimping” effort. Moved to Wine Pimps.