Wine Store POS

I know the subject has come up from time to time, but it seems it hasn’t been discussed recently, and as technology evolves I thought I would bring it up again:

What are you using for POS? What do you feel the strongest systems out there are?

Tim -

There was a pretty in depth thread on Point of Sale a few months back, possibly a year - lots of good info on there, many retailers talking about what programs they use etc. It may be under “shelftalkers”.

I switched from Shopkeep to Lightspeed Retail about 6 months ago and could not be happier. Cloud based $148 monthly includes an excellent e-commerce platform and a basic website. Super versatile reporting, free and easy gift card functionality, integrates with MailChimp and other third parties including Quickbooks. Can remotely access the store from any smartphone, tablet or PC. Don’t have any serious complaints at that price but I would like an Android app. You are wedded to iPad but that’s not a big deal. They do not sell any hardware. You just buy your own iPad, cash drawer, receipt printer and label printer. You are limited on your choices of merchant service providers but the one I am using has competitive pricing. PM me for more information. I am a Lightspeed fanboy. If I were bigger I would go for their more robust (and mor expensive) Mac based system but I don’t need it’s power.

Justin,

Thank you for your thoughts. I have been looking at both systems, so was wondering why you made the switch. If you would feel more comfortable, PM me.

I thought the thread title meant something different. Like, Extreme Retail Funnies.

Lightspeed=worst ever. Clumsy interface. Too many steps to process an order. Zero support. Tried to use us to beta test an updated version, without our desire to participate.

I used Liquor POS at my last spot, but we had an old version which was not optimal. Not great, but manageable.

We have ASI (Atlantic Systems) at my current place and I’ve had great success with it, though it may be related to the fact it’s familiar, I’ve been using it for almost 15 years combined at several of the stores I’ve worked. We are still running the old version which has some hiccups but I’m looking forward to upgrading in late summer so we can catch up to the mandatory compliance stuff coming in October with the chip credit card changeover. The new version is supposed to have many of the same integration features discussed above, as well as the ability to add customers (name & addresses) simply by scanning their DL among other features.