Wine pimps in history!

I struggled where to place this gem within WB and this seems best. No traction on my FB page, which seems more a commentary on my 400+ friends there than this beautiful tale about an era bygone.

When folks ask about what I miss after my years living in Dixie I invariably mention storytelling…

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for posting that Glenn.

Interesting both for the characters involved, as well as for the fact that there once was a time when a wine shop owner might have a 6 year old La Tache available for sale, and might pop one to give you a taste as well.

I thought there were layers to this narrative but also loved hearing about a young La Tache getting uncorked like that. Seems MLK recognized the quality!

Thanks for sharing that, Glenn.

Were I you, I would ask the mods to move the thread to Wine Talk. It fits there, IMHO, and deserves the wider audience.

If I wanted a wider audience it would be in wine talk, subject titled MLK & La Tache.

It adds a lot of context if you read the Wiki entries on Marvin Griffin and Ralph McGill:

I knew Ralph McGill’s legacy from my time at Emory. As impressive a journalist as any.

Very interesting.

I think you should post it in Politics, under the title “we can disagree and not be disagreeable”

Having lived in Atlanta as well as in the wine biz there… I agree!

Did you know Jim Sanders Bone?

i just stumbled on this. thanks doc for sharing.

I met him when I was selling wine there in the mid-late 90’s. It is now a Sherlock’s store, and they are doing a fantastic job. He was very well respected in the wine community.

No shit, Sherlock?

What a story! Thanks for sharing it.

That’s cool man!

Freakin’ awesome. Thanks for sharing!

Glenn - fantastic gem, thanks for posting it.

What a pleasure to listen to his reminisces. Thanks for posting this.

Very interesting, thanks for posting this.