Wine Verser

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272225169/wine-verser-a-robotic-pourer-that-pours-the-perfec/description

Edit: I am the developers son who is informing the community about a product relating to wine.

Edit: People are misunderstanding what this product is about. This item is more of a novelty item.

Edit: Wine Verser in French means to “pour wine”.

Product Description:

When you dine, you need not pour the wine. The “Wine Verser” pours your glass, automatically with accuracy, style, and class.

Great for cocktail parties, wine tastings, or dinner. The Wine Verser is the perfect dispenser. The Wine Verser dispenses a full pour (5oz / 148ml) suitable for dinner or cocktail parties. It also dispenses a half pour (2.5oz / 74ml) suitable for toasts or wine tastings. It accommodates a majority of wine glasses (Burgundy, Bordeaux, Alsace, and Stemless) and adjusts to accommodate different 750ml wine bottles. The Wine Verser automatically pours the proper amount without spilling a drop.

• Accommodates a variety of 750 ml wine bottles
  • Accommodates a variety of glassware
  • Cherry tone wood
  • Automatically pours when the glassware is detected.
  • Pour selectable: (5 oz / 2.5 oz)
  • Brushed nickel finish
  • Bottle empty indication
  • Battery-operated (4 AA batteries, not included)
  • Low battery indication
  • Low power: powers down until glassware is detected
  • Over 200 pours per set of Alkaline batteries

Edit: I am sorry about the name… It was my fault that I assumed it was different name without consulting with the developer

I want to thank all who posted their criticism that I was able to improve this post. Also please review the link before posting.

I guess you could set this for 2.5 oz pours and not worry about “wine hogs” killing your favorite bottle at a wine party. [wink.gif]

Too gimmicky for me, I like to pour wine while chatting with guests.

Scott seems to be related to the creator of this invention, Richard Bishel. I guess they’re trying to drive traffic or build interest, but I’m surprised Scott did nothing more than post a link.

I am a employee to a different company who is related to the developer. The link is shown to redirect you to the product itself. It is not meant to redirect traffic or to build interest. I am informing the wine community of a product for wine.

So it’s kind of like spam?

If someone opens a few hundred bottles a year, wouldn’t they kind of learn how to pour wine after like the second bottle?

I am unable to reply as I do not know what you mean. I apologize for this inconvenience.

yes

??

Maybe this should be merged with the Wine Hogs thread, solves a posted problem.

If this thing funds I’m going to do my own Kickstarter project. Doesn’t matter what the idea is. BTW, I’m guessing our mod(s?) is taking a break for the holidays?

This is hilarious. They can’t even agree how to pronounce it, nor even how to spell it. The spammer here adds a ‘u’ when the kickstarter listing doesn’t. Then, one of the three backers voluntarily opts to pay $10 more for the same product, rather than buy one of the 498 remaining early bird units. Too funny.

Peter, I moved it to Wine Pimps a few hours ago (where it should belong). What would you prefer be done?

Me? I would consider this spam unless the guy pays you to list it as a vendor. But that’s up to Todd.

I am no spammer. I am the developers son who is broadcasting to the wine community about a wine accessory. I have no intent of making money off of this nor trying to force you to check it out. I am sorry that the name was incorrect before. I assumed that the developer had made a mistake but it was on my side. Also I am curious as why people are getting so angry at this post.

Sorry, but you are a spammer, and did not disclose your relationship in the original post. There are ways to post informational stuff ithout spamming, but you have to disclose any relationship up front. Nobody asked you about this, so it is unsolicted spam.

I am sorry that you feel that way although everyones personality and judgement are different. I might have assumed that my last name was the same as developer that I could of mislead myself in thinking that the people would known.

People makes mistakes and learn from them. I am not into business stuff and I am sorry that I was unable to post the necessities in order to get this product interested in.

Personally I believe that anyone who posts here with a solicitation for crowd-funding a business is, at a minimum, shilling. The fact that the person is related does not make it any less a spam post. I’m not sure all here agree with me on this, but I contribute to the site so I don’t have to see ads… and feel that this post is an ad even with the disclosure. I’ll admit I have a secondary set of reasons for feeling so strongly about this, but that’s how I see it.

This has nothing to do with judgement, you’re posting a link to a commercial product made by your father, without stating such relationship upfront. The fact that it is a wine product doesn’t make any difference.

Don’t you see the issue with that ?! What would you call spamming then ?

Alain

Scott, I am curious. In the video, your father speaks English like a native American, but you write like your first language is not English. How did that happen?

Ken,
Third graders are more savvy these days than you think! [wow.gif]

Come on guys…I think Scott has gotten enough of a beating for his thread. No need to rub it in that much more.