Jason Jardine to lead Hanzell Vineyards

Personally I could not imagine a better fit…

Sonoma, CA (May 27, 2014) —Proprietor Alexander de Brye has named Jason Jardine President of Hanzell Vineyards effective June 1st. “Jason’s strong belief in terroir and his personal pursuit to craft wines with meaning make him a perfect fit for Hanzell Vineyards,” says de Brye. “It’s been our preservation of this land and our steadfast pursuit of Founder Zellerbach’s vision to make wines that equal the best in the world that has allowed Hanzell to thrive for more than 60 years.”

Jardine will succeed current President Jean Arnold Sessions who recently announced that she will continue private consulting work with the Jean Arnold Group and will announce a new wine industry initative this fall with the Jean Arnold Group Foundation.

“It is rare these days to begin a slow transition to find the next steward of a significant iconic property,” said Arnold Sessions. “Over its long history, Hanzell has magically drawn extraordinary individuals to its stewardship. It is with much excitement and appreciation that the stars aligned and Jason walked through our door proclaiming ‘I am ready.’ ”

Jardine brings an extensive resume of experience managing vineyards, directing winemaking and overseeing strategy for a number of high profile wineries around the world. “I am deeply humbled and honored to have been chosen to steward this iconic property,” he said. “My personal pursuit for wines of place have led me to greatly admire the land in which the Hanzell wines are grown and the people that have delicately nurtured the process between soil to bottle for over half a century. In California, there are few places with such deep roots and historical significance and few places where I have drawn as much inspiration from as a Winegrower. It is with great pride and privilege that I help to ensure the next 60 years are as successful as the past for Mr. de Brye, family, Hanzell Alumni, and generations to come.”