TN: 2005 Arcadian Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard

• 2005 Arcadian Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (4/19/2014)
    One of several bottles opened at Dabrowski’s with wings from the BGE. Quickly double decanted before taking over to Joe’s. Upon pouring it was clear that this was an elegant Pinot waiting to be explored. I truly believe this is a wine that old world and new world alike can enjoy. At first it seemed a little tight with vibrant fruit, something I might expect from a younger wine. A few hours and it was showing nuanced favors of an aged Pinot such as baking spice, or a pie from the oven. Fast forward a few more hours and the nose was straight Burgundy. Tea leaves, mushroom, dirt, etc. just tasted like a fine aged Burgundy. I was stunned at the transformation of the wine over the course of six hours. As has been said many times, Arcadian seems to be overlooked, but I would put one of Joe’s aged pinots against any domestic Pinot. This bottles has years left in my opinion. Drink now or hold for who the hell knows how long.

Posted from CellarTracker

Yup. Another awesome one from Joe. I love this wine every which way, and was happy to add a couple more to the cellar recently. Glad to hear it’s drinking well now — that really tempts me, b/c this is my favorite among favorites of the Arcadian lineup.

Apparently, I’ve been really good at keeping my hands off these bottles over the past few years, b/c my only TN for this wine is years old (although I suspect it still has some value today):
2005 Arcadian Pinot Noir Pisoni Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Lucia Highlands (10/11/2009)
Arcadian 2009 Fall Open House: – tasted non-blind at Arcadian’s 2009 Fall Open House –

Earthy aromatics: leathery; red/purple fruits; a bit horsey. I can tell before tasting this that this will be right up my alley. Medium-light bodied on the palate, with loads of minerals, hint of cigarette smoke; a bit candied and jammy (raspberry); a bit tart; cedary on the finish. Probably my second-favorite wine of the tasting. This, too, needs lots of time.

My notes on this gem from Dec 2009.

2005 Arcadian “Pisoni” PN – 13.8%
Medium red. Spicy black current nose with a hint of olive.
Beautiful, elegant, stingingly pure red fruits with a long crunchy aftertaste.
The finest Arcadian Pisoni I’ve ever tasted (and Joe’s all-time favorite).
Highly, highly recommended. [93 pts]

I bought me some more several months back.

TTT

I might have to go back for more. Not cheap, that’s for sure. But wow what a wine.