What 1 producer most closely reflects your preference for PN style?

choose 1 producer that most closely reflects your preference for PN style.

• 1. Domaine Drouhin Oregon
  • 2. Loring CA
  • 3. Mt Eden Vineyards CA
  • 4. Mugnier Burgundy
  • 5. Claude Dugat Burgundy
  • 6. Vogue Burgundy
  • 7. Patricia Green - Oregon
  • 8. Kosta Browne - CA
  • 9. William Seylem - CA
  • 10. Sea Smoke - CA
  • 11. RHYS - CA
  • 12. Dugat PY - Burgundy
  • 13. D’ Angerville - Burgundy
  • 14. Robert Chevillon - Burgundy
  • 15. Arterberry Maresh - Oregon
  • 16. Peay - CA
  • 17. Fourrier - Burgundy
  • 18. Rivers Marie - CA
  • 19. St Innocent - Oregon
  • 20. NONE of these producers are even close to my style pref for PN.

0 voters

Take the poll. Chosse one

Depends on my mood. I can’t choose just one. Besides, you left too many out. I’m so confused.
Holdredge
Copain
Williams Selyem
Rivers Marie
Ancillary
Wind Gap
Wilde Farm

I’m all over the map.

Yes, this could be a flawed poll. Speaking for myself, I don’t fluctuate all that much between completely modern and old school styles. My btls are mostly old school but I do jump around from Mugnier to Chevillon to Fourrier to the out limits of semi “old school” like Mt Eden. I no longer drink any high octane stuff like Dugat Py or Kosta Browne. Just trying to see what one producer most closely is optimal to you, style wise.

Wow, some really good ones mentioned here…

Dehlinger is my preferred choice.

So is anyone on my list pretty darn close to Dehlinger? I only had 20 possible options.

Boy we’re difficult aren’t we?

What, no NZ producers?

I picked Fourrier of the Burgundy options ahead of Vogue and d’Angerville. Rousseau and Faiveley (good across their big range) for example would have made it harder to pick.

Cheers, Howard

I voted D’Angerville as I like Volnay and the style of the producer but I am fond of Chevillon N-S-G as well and some Fourrier. I’ve only tasted one Rhys and no Arterberry Marsh. Not sure I’ve ever had Dugat. Of the USA options I would probably vote for Williams Selyem. I’ve liked the Domaine Serene I’ve had which is one missing from your list.

Dujac!!!

Tough one. In general I’d rank all the Burgundy producers first, all the Oregon producers next, and all the California producers last.
This is largely outside the winemakers control.

P Hickner

My choice is either Romanee-Conti or Belle Glos. One or the other.

I picked Chevillon because of those I have any substantial experience with, They have very consistently hit my sweet spot. However, I like a bunch of these styles and I like their differences.

Oddly, I think Chevillon is close to Dehlinger. NSG is sort of the RRV of burgundy…and both Chevillon and Dehlinger are solidly traditional but with a bit of a friendly side to them, while still aging well. But this probably shows how wacko I am…or maybe I just think outside the bottle :slight_smile:

I’m with Howard Davis - Rousseau!

yep
their CdlR is ethereal

LOL! I though abvout putting Belle Glos down to represent the high octane style.

Left off the mega expensive producers because a lot of people have not had DRC, Rousseau or Leroy. I kind of wanted to put leroy down since the style is a bit more high octane but left it off because of the pricing and because most have not tasted them. I almost left Mugnier off but you can still get the Clos Marchale and sometimes the village CM at a semi reasonable price.

Armand Rousseau even though DRC was my first love.

Picked D’Angerville over Fourrier by a hair, if that. But, I would have picked Truchot over anything on the list if it had been there. Nobody makes wines (I am talking stylistically) like Truchot.