2000 Pichon Lalande over $400... WTF?

http://www.klwines.com/Auction/Bidding/AuctionBidDetail.aspx?sku=1159737

K&L auction: 3 bottles, $1250. Am I missing something?

Some people can get mighty carried away at auctions – paying way over retail for some lots – a crazy practice. [scratch.gif]

I’ll sell mine for $399.

Fiat Electrons?

If you don’t know anyone at the Fed who could wire them to you, then you could try mining bitcoins.

It was two bidders bidding, over and over. Looks like it got personal…

In watching a handful of the K&L auctions lately, some of the prices being paid are just bonkers, in many cases far over what the wine is available for via retail shops.

Funny, I was just thinking this.
Fiat Electrons.
Or Protons.
Or just the entire atom (why not the whole thing).
Or, instead of Fiat, possibly another Italian car manufacturer? Ferrari??
And it could also be BitCoins.
Or BitBills.
Or BiggerBitCoins.

Hard to say.

I think internet auctions in general seem to be getting some stupid prices. People have time to get competitive, and end up needing to buy that particular bottle, when the same wine is available for 30% less at retail. The fact that some other idiot is bidding against them empowers them, because it gives them confidence that they are paying market. They also seem to ignore the VIG as part of the cost.

I have almost given buying at auction. I put in my best bid, and seven times out of eight, someone outbids me.

On the contrary. I think the electrons must have been extremely round. Positively bulging.

Diff’rent strokes for diff’rent folks as Gary Coleman used to say.

“What You Talkin’ 'Bout, Matt?”

Love that little guy….

It clogs the pipes.

The electron is much more watery.

“Fungible”, as they say in the trade.

Here is another one…

http://www.klwines.com/Auction/Bidding/AuctionBidDetail.aspx?sku=1161087

According to Wineseracher Pro you can buy it at retail for $159 from Flickenger Wines… non-pro WS is $160 at Hart Davis Hart…

Yes, I got SNIPED on this lot. [snort.gif]

Bruce