Anyone heard of Viluko Vineyards?

Just received an email on the inaugural release:

2009 Viluko Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon

Our 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon is indeed a special wine, charming us with its opulent profile while capturing the year’s particularly ripe berry character. It’s all there - complex layers of dark fruit tones, chocolate and sassafras that are the hallmarks of our property. 2009 Viluko Vineyards Mayacamas Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon is a powerful expression of mountain fruit and has the density and richness to age for many years to come.

I got the same, email was very misleading about the 96 points from RP. I believe those points belong to Hidden Ridge Impassable, where he is listed as a consulting winemaker.

Good price though, makes me want to try some.

I thought the same thing in regards to the 96pt. This could be a great find or a bust. Hard to make a blind purchase knowing that we have the 2012s and 2013s coming.

I know Tim, I will see if I can try it over the next week and see what it is about.

Doug, Did you have a chance to check it out yet? I just wanted to lend a hand here to dispel some of the misinformation you may have seen. The thing with the points is - not that I saw the 96-point claim in question, but - Viluko’s winemaker, Tim Milos, has about 7 dozen 90-97 point ratings under his belt. He’s made wine for a number of great players. There are no RP/WS/WE/What-Have-You scores on Viluko cabernet sauvignon yet, save a gold medal from the '14 SoCo Harvest Fair. That said, critique from the main outlets is forthcoming, due from October to December. One thing I do know is that the word is getting out and that there’s VERY little opportunity left to get any of the 2009. It’s worth keeping in the loop and trying '10 and '11. Somms have said these wines are “stellar values” - it’s a good shot getting some into the glass and being your own judge. Heck, just this morning, a tiny room full of 3 corporate buyers was blown away by the '09 Viluko. So that’s it - it’s not a 96-point cab. Maybe it will become one?

ITB much Christian?

If you have any connection to this wine you need to say so in your sig line.

ITB? Come on. I’m here to clear a topic up in a polite and professional manner.
Respectfully,
Christian Lane
Highly Searchable Advocate of Those Who Play Nicely in Sandboxes

I still have not tried it. Having not seen the email referenced above, I don’t know how / if it it tied in any reviews for Tim’s earlier efforts. However, seeing that the 2009 is the first vintage and there don’t appear to be any reviews attached to the product sheet displayed on the website I don’t see anything that would make me think they were over-reaching.

I do however agree with Roberto. Christian sounds like he has more than pedestrian level insights/interest into this brand. First posts of this nature are usually a red flag (that also goes for second posts that reveal even less…)

Well, the rules in this sandbox are your real name in every post, and you disclose business relationships. You are ITB, and are supposed to disclose it. The fact that you were responding to a post and clarifying something does not absolve you of disclosure. Your response was helpful, it would have had even more credibility if you had disclosed WHY you knew the information you were posting.

Wait… so you are ITB? newhere

Geez, I don’t know what ITB means. I thought I did and found a pretty prurient definition.
Yes, I work for Viluko Vineyards. I wanted to clarify what looked like misinformation from before I came on board. I’ll go edit my signature shortly.
If anyone would be kind enough to define ITB, I’d be grateful. I don’t use forums that much but did notice some time ago this discussion.
Cheers,
Christian Lane
Director of Sales & Marketing
Viluko Vineyards

• here to help

In The Business. ITB.

Grow it, make it, sell it, market it, pour it, fund it, own it. Did I leave anything out?

Welcome.