TN: 2010 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers

• 2010 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (2/19/2014)
    The perfect shimmering gold green color….somewhat shy nose of citrus, white flowers, cold steel, the very slightest smoked caramel/mint thingy. Nice creamy weight with pure ripe vibrant fruit….CUT up very well with lemon/lime squeeze, limestone chalk, a distinct yet faint spice that might just be the spearmint you usually get in Ramonet…that might come out more pronounced with some age? Pretty white flower florals, minerals……SUPER tasty young white burg here….with all the goods for future development! (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice ! Drink it up before it’s too late .

boudriote other night was amazingly delish. sure, mature old burg has its charms but to be honest i prefer them in that 5-10 years of age. riesling/chablis/ribola are my white wines of choice for 10+ years of aging.

be honest man, without the zalto this is only a 91pts kinda wine right?

can’t wait till next week…

cheers!

I’ve just realized that I’ll drink a lot better if I learn to disguise myself as a yellow brick wall.

• 2010 Domaine Ramonet Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Vergers - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru (10/18/2016)
    Been a couple and a half years since my last…thought I’d look in on this one again. Still quite young and coiled up like a spring…I should decant this for a couple hours, but don’t have the time…rich and ripe weighty fruit, BUT with huge CUT! Has a burnt caramel spice thing that is pretty intense…not off putting, just intense spice, maybe big oak as well…but plenty of freshness and energy with the citrus and crushed rocks, limestone chalk…wonderful youthful feel…shows pure and substantial…pretty florals with some faint complexities of classic spearmint, honey, white flowers. This wine is built for age…wish I had a case to try over the next 20yrs…won’t touch my last one till at least 2020. +pts (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great to see a good review of Ramonet Vergers. I had a 2009 a few weeks back that was a total disaster. No premoxed, but completely falling apart - no structure, focus, acid, and the fruit was fading. Very strange beast. Traded my remaining '09 Vergers for '13s instead.

I haven’t been happy w/either the 10 Chassagne or the 10 Ruchottes . . . good one, Buzz.

These are rough cut diamonds Doc…want to sell me some more?? :slight_smile:

hell, I’d never even find them. Cellar is a mess.

Last nights '10 Ramonet Ruchottes was underwhelming. A bit fat, diffuse and more advanced than optimal.

Buzz - 5 = true score. Got to subtract the enthusiasm.

Hey now…when you have Ramonet you automatically start at 90pts…then up from there! neener