TN: 2012 Halcon Vineyards Viognier Alder Springs Vineyard

• 2012 Halcon Vineyards Viognier Alder Springs Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (2/10/2014)
    Good aromatic blast on the nose; slight cloudiness but not distracting -as a result white gold, a bit of SO2 but not much and expected for its youth, it has that tasty combination of fruit, tiny sweetness and then acid bite and almost tart in a refreshing way. A bit of bread yeast on the end. This is is a stellar effort and is drinking well right now, although waiting until summer to give it a go in the sun won’t hurt. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Love guys like you who Pobega wines. Thanks for the note.

Kyle, you are welcome. Paul delivers it to our door. If I was there to meet him, I’d pull the cork right there. Only 30 cases of this Viognier so those of you that took a plunge, be happy and uncork one. You won’t regret it. I just read this was bottled unfined and unfilitered so thats the cloudiness and I actually like it.

Steve - nice note, thanks for sharing. I happily took my allocation.

Joe, good you did. I have 2% of the entire production of 30 cases!! Great juice and I chilled mine in the fridge. Day 2 after refrigeration and it was drinking identically to the day before.

• 2012 Halcon Vineyards Viognier Alder Springs Vineyard - USA, California, North Coast, Mendocino County (9/30/2014)
    Enjoyed this most closer to room temp. The aromas and flavors match with notes of tropical fruit, marzipan and pear. I can taste a bit of light oak influence but this doesn’t taste like it’s seen much if any malolactic fermentation. Fresh with light acidity, I look forward to seeing how this ages. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker