AOC Imports?

I’ve been getting emails from AOC Imports. Anyone have any dealings/thoughts?

Todd,

An email I received last week from Kyle Smith

I had to grab some 2008 Bize Corton Charlemagne, bottles at L’Hotel de Beaune have been amazing on two separate occasions

I hope this helps

MT

First, a quick update. After 15 years as head buyer for Woodland Hills Wine Co., I have left to run private client sales for AOC Fine Wines. Accordingly, my email address has changed to kyle@aocimports.com. My old email, kyle@whwc.com, is no longer valid and was shut down a while back (which might explain why many of you have not been able to reach me as of late). For those who sent me emails in the past month or so that I’ve not replied to, feel free to resend to this address.

I’ve worked closely with AOC over the past several years, as they’ve handled customs clearance for our many overseas purchases. In addition, AOC is the official importer/distributor in various West Coast states for Bachelet, Mugnier, Cathiard, Comte Liger Belar, Maison Ilan, and Simon Bize, just to name a few. In addition, AOC sources various other fine and rare wines to supplement their “core” producers. In my role as Director of Private Client Sales, I will be able to offer these wines directly to the consumer, thereby bypassing the unnecessary additional layer of retail markup. As all AOC sales were previously wholesale only, we do not have our web site up and running yet, though you can expect one to go live shortly.

Todd, e-mail sent.

I seem to remember getting that email from Kyle, but I can’t find it in my inbox. Has he sent out any offers yet?

2001 Bouchard La Romanee, yesterday

Is Kyle Smith related to the Paul and Carol Smith who own WHWC?

Maybe their son?

Yes.

Okay, so they’re cool with what he’s doing?

'Cause the email which Twelftree posted was a little weird.

emailed him to get offers sent, no reply yet :X

After dealing with them to get Maison Ilan wine delivered in the past, their ability/desire to return email semi-promptly is lacking. Probably very nice people, but you’ll need patience.

Heard from Kyle this morning. May be worth a re-send if you still don’t have a response.

I find it a little disturbing that Kyle left Woodland Hills, which is owned by his parents, to start a competing business & took “his” (ie: Woodland Hills Wine Club’s) email database with him. Am I alone in that opinion?

Haven’t ordered anything yet, but the offers have been interesting.

No you are not alone in that opinion. Not only is it disturbing, it seems unethical to me.

Got these emails yesterday and today. Any theories? Anybody order anything through them?

August 28th, 2013

Dear Friends,

It has come to our attention that our email server went down last week while traveling, and it is still not back up and running. We are working diligently to fix the problem, but in the meantime, any communications can be sent to this my personal account, ******. If you have tried emailing us over the past week or so and have not yet received a response, we most likely never received it, please feel free to resend to this address so we can respond appropriately. Once our server comes back on line, we will let you know via our next offer. We have a container shortly with tons of new gems, so stay tuned….

Regards,

Kyle Smith
AOC Imports

August 29, 2013

To all customers and vendors of AOC Imports:

This email is to inform you that Kyle Smith is no longer employed by AOC Imports, effective immediately. As the sole owner of AOC Imports, I can assure you that your business is important to me and AOC Imports will continue to provide you with good customer service.

All further communication with AOC imports should be directed to Holly Boyer at ********. If you have any questions about outstanding orders or purchases, please contact me directly.

With respect to any outstanding orders, we accept major credit cards and checks only. Payments should be made payable to “AOC Imports” and directed to the following address:

We look forward to our continued relationship with you.

Regards,

Holly Boyer
President, AOC Imports

just got it. Waiting for Kyle’s explanation.

I got the email too. So much drama. I never bought anything from them but AOC is now on my do not buy from list.

The subtext of that letter does not bode well for Kyle. He needs to be posting a plausible explanation somewhere. All of this merde seems to be in his lap at the moment, not Woodland Hills or AOC. To paraphrase the now-immortal words of Desi Arnaz, “Kyle, ju got some ‘splainin’ to do!”

Ah, bulletin boards. We know nothing, so let’s speculate and judge.

I got the email regarding the server, but not the second.