Speaking of Loire reds

I was just drinking one of the 97s from Pierre-Jacques Druet, and it was awful yummy. But it would appear that the wines aren’t being brought into the US any more. What’s up with that?

It is a shame how tough it’s become getting Druet wines in the states. Had a wonderful '97 Druet Grand Mont a couple years back. Got me hooked.

Lee - hope things are going well in Seattle.

Matt, things are great. Any idea when you’ll be back?

I’ve had both the ‘97 Grand Mont and Vaumoreau in the last couple of months. Pretty effin’ good. Was hoping to find some 2009s and 2010s. I see there’s a place in Brittany with mags of the 89 Grand Mont. Wine searcher says they can ship worldwide; I wonder if they can really ship here to the USA.

So, 3+ years later, I drink an amazing bottle of 96 Vaumoreau, and immediately hit wine-searcher to see what’s available…and that same place in Brittany still shows mags of 89 Grant Mont. ???

As you guys are obviously fans of Pierre-Jacques Druet you should probably be aware that the domaine was placed in liquidation in March this year, so I am sorry to say you shouldn’t expect many more new vintages to pop up. best buy up those older bottles!

That’s sad news, Chris. Thanks for passing it on.

I’ll definitely have a look around for some older bottles. Sadly, pretty hard to source here in the USA.