Is Bordeaux supposed to have a laxative effect?

Or maybe it’s specific to certain Chateaux?

Admittedly, I have never drunk bdx until last night so I’m kind of curious?

:astonished:

I’m a bit worried about trying much more of this.

It does to me…that is, more so than just the regular day to day regularity. Most red wines seem to have a laxative effect, however, not specifically Bordeaux to me.

It brings great releif to your purse as it has a laxative effect on it…

I feel like I just ate a bacon wrapped hot dog from a street vendor in Tiajuana.

Ill be needing an IV soon if it keeps up. Especially if I go for another glass tonight to see how it tastes on day two.

TMI

Oh, SEVERE laxative effect - not me!

Is this a really old Bordeaux or fairly young? I’ve noticed this effect with really old red wines but never with anything reasonably aged.

Seriously, you guys? Seriously?

Shortly after “The French Paradox” aired on 60 Minutes, health stores started selling reservatrol capsules. Turns out they do have a mild laxative effect - but the reservatrol dose is equivalent to 500 glasses of red wine. A single bottle of Bordeaux (that you didn’t even finish) just doesn’t cut it.

So you’ve got a case of the green apple two-step today. And you drank some Bordeaux last night. What makes you think the latter caused the former? As opposed to a multitude of other well-recognized possibilities?

Correlation does not equal causation.

Well I usually have 500 glasses of red wine, so for me, it’s a legit scenario

In my case I only had red Bordeaux yesterday. No food.

I had the bdx last night after ham and cheese sandwich. This morning I had home brewed coffee with a granola bar from nature valley followed by a banana. Didn’t feel bad but not good til around noon. Then

BAM. Been to the washroom five times now.

It was young. 2008 d’issan

OK, now I think we’re crossing into TMI territory. [barf1.gif]

No, only shitty OR PN is supposed to do that :wink:

FIFY

One question, how do you take it? PO or PR?

Howard

Thanks, but why only once?

Not much of a laxative if it takes 18 hours to work.

That explains a lot…

As a test…

[snort.gif]

Man, those nested scrollable windows are wicked!