TN: 2010 Quivet Cellars Syrah Las Madres Vineyard-please avoid this wine

…it saves more for me.

• 2010 Quivet Cellars Syrah Las Madres Vineyard - USA, California, Napa / Sonoma, Carneros (12/7/2012)
    Nose of pure blueberry and black raspberries; intense and pretty. The palate shows one of the deftest Syrah’s you will find—in this price point. Black berries, blueberry pie, hints of white pepper, river rocks and sassafras. Zesty and full of life, this has near perfect balance with the nod towards acidity, so break out the short ribs. Finish is long and consistent. Not sure how Mike does it. I need to re-evaluate my Las Madres purchases from him next time around. Maybe better than his fabulous 2009. Mikey likey the direction this wine go in.

94-30x6-3x2+11x10-7636=94
:slight_smile: (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Hurry up and pop a 2010 Kenefick

lol

Well I did already do you the favor of the 2010 Spring Mountain District after all… Come on now!

Probably will at the CLONYC Holiday party on the 18th. Soon, very…soon.

Dammit. Now I have to open one!!!

I had a bottle of the 2010 Kenefick syrah with dinner in September, after visiting with Mike. Really tasty stuff, and I’m not the biggest syrah fan. That said, I think his upcoming '11 Sugarloaf syrah (under the Myriad label) is even better. Don’t skimp on your order of that one.

Bad news is I only bought 1 and now I want to pop it. I had the Kenefick Ranch the other day and it was outstanding.

Mike gets great press on his Cab’s but i really love what he does with Syrah and the Las Madres vineyard. Not sure if i got the Kenefick. Will have to check. Don’t forget to check out his assistant Robin Ackhurst’s Apsara Cellars Las Madres. Had a chance to visit with Robin this year. The 10 was very good and a sample of the 11 was off the charts.

Funny you should mention Robin. I just received a 6-pack of 2010 Apsara this week. One of them is going to bite the dust soon.

Fred, Couldn’t agree more.I also got some of Robins Syrah,there will be an upcoming side by side by side Les Madres showdown [cheers.gif]

If you’re referring to the cab, I opened a 2010 Quivet Kenefick Ranch Cab a couple of Saturday’s ago and it was a big crowd pleaser> The host of this little get together opened a SQN syrah and on that night yet I preferred the cab but I’m a little toxic on syrah right now.

The 2010 myriad Esther block is one of my wines of the year The man knows that fruit

It is interesting to do Myriad Syrahs alongside the Quivets as we did when Mike and Leah visited CLONCYC earlier this year. Very distinct styles.
The ONLY Syrah I still buy from list is Quivet.