Forget 2007 CdP; Bob P falls for 2009 Bordeaux

Apparently his ratings are in some hands in hard copy. It appears he has bestowed 100 points on 16 wines:

Beausejour Duffau Lagarrosse

Bellevue Mondotte

Clinet

Clos Fourtet

Cos D’Estournel

Haut Brion

Latour

Leoville Poyferre

La Mission Haut Brion

Mondotte

Montrose

Pavie

Petrus

Le Pin

Pontet Canet

Smith Haut Lafitte Rouge

Time to head to the store and see if I can’t mass purchase some of those to help fund my kids’ college education 10 years from now.

Congratulations to effing Clos Fourtet for joining the ranks of Latour, La Miss, Le Pin, and Ho Bryan.

Best to go out swinging…I guess.

But only in magnum. They go well with fish, I’m sure Keith Levenberg will tell you.

Is this an all time high??

No asterisk? Shame…

By (buy) a substantial margin.

Smith Haut Laffite. Wow. I like their wines (and they seem to overachieve and provide good value in off vintages), but I would have never thought they’d be anywhere near a 100 point wine. I guess that’s another Bordeaux I can scratch off my list.

Clos Fourtet too. Shocking

I have preached to everyone about the 09 Beausejour Duffau Lagarrosse. Now I delivered once again! [highfive.gif]

It’s only March 1st - not April 1st.

Is this serious?!?

Clos Fourtet has just been getting better and better since the 1998 vintage. Same thing with Smith Haut Lafitte. And they aren’t $200+ per bottle, at least not yet! YMMV.

Byron

When does Mouton Cadet make this list?

It will be interesting see what prices these start trading at. There could be a few hundred dollars between 100 pointers.

It’s not a 100 point wine. Quite the reach imo.

Well, they weren’t this morning. This afternoon…

Chris

Interesting, @fakebobwood tweeted something similar about an hour and a half ago…

Hmmm . . . seems that Twitter account actually exists. Real Bob Wood is not amused.

Dear Mr. Parker,
My friend Dwayne came over the other day and I was all excited about showing him my collection of 2007 Chateauneuf-du-Papes (in magnum), but he started laughing and said, “Ha ha ha, haven’t you heard? Parker says the 2009 Bordeaux vintage is at least 2.873419 times more perfect than the 2007 Southern Rhone vintage!” I was so embarrassed! Is it true? What should I do?
Sincerely,
Betrayed in Biloxi

Dear Betrayed,
Don’t worry, the 2009 Bordeaux I’m recommending will taste exactly like 2007 Chateauneuf-du-Papes.
Best,
Bob

Guess who has two thumbs, a case of 2009 Pontet Canet and doesn’t even like Bordeaux ? This guy !!!