Vinfolio heads-up

Kudos to the new management for working through the old Vinfolio prearrivals and providing store credit for the orders that aren’t going to be delivered - that seems like a pretty fair resolution. I did want to flag for folks, though, that there were math errors in at least my credit. I’m still trying to get hold of someone to get it corrected, but in the meantime others with pre-arrivals that aren’t arriving may want to go back to their invoices and make sure they add up to the same number as the credit.

Just to follow up, I have now heard back from them and it looks like there won’t be a problem sorting my situation out.

I don’t think this has been posted but I could have missed it.
Steve Case, AOL co founder to the rescue !

Trivia question:
When AOL merged with Warner Bros, which wine did Steve Case opened to celebrate.

I wasn’t a wine geek then, so I forgot the answer!!!

Case's firm takes stake in Web wine seller Vinfolio | Reuters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome Dmitry!

This is already being discussed in Wine Talk:

Vinfolio heads-up - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As a former partner and a current competitor, I wish Vinfolio well. The Marketplace has amazing potential. The new investors and CEO seem deeply committed to stabilizing things and also to ‘make good’ on existing obligations to customers and suppliers. I don’t know if I will partner with them again, but I have been talking with them throughout and hope we can find a way to collaborate in the future.

Call me a bitter doubter, though I hope the future bodes them well. The past certainly was quite ugly. [swearing.gif]

Case’s investment is… interesting. I’ve never understood the idea of VC style investing in wine businesses as I don’t see the potential for the 5-10x returns. Maybe Steve’s not looking for returns like that…

Marketplace was interesting but had serious flaws in people trying to game it and really will only work if they’re agnostic in how they get offers into the system. Having it hook to CT and other inventory systems is a must - otherwise they’re asking you to use their system just in case you want to maybe sell some wine and I don’t see a lot of people doing that.

Even if they do allow multiple ways to list wine… really how many people will use Marketplace? Especially with Winebid, Acker, etc out there as auction options?