TN: 2005 Château Charmail (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc)

• 2005 Château Charmail - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Haut-Médoc (3/31/2010)
    Lot’s of vanilla oak initially on the nose which subsides a good deal overnight but doesn’t go away and picks up some wood, herbal and cassis notes. The palate doesn’t carry the oak in the same heavy way and shows good balancing acidity and a lean mouth feel. This is actually tight on the second night with the tannin beings being a bit green and drying. I don’t think this will ever be a classic Bordeaux claret but its not over done like Monbousquet or Pavie Macquin. This needs a few more years to me. Very good value at $27.

Posted from CellarTracker

Rumor has it it’s shit.

I’ve had far worse much more money. Drinking the last glass right now after being open over 24 hours. I stand by my assessment.

I enjoyed this when it first came out. I think I put up a note on CT. Seems like I will need to re-taste.

I had a bottle of this last night. I thought it was great. 2nd one in the last few months.

Chris, have you been away for awhile? Used to see your tasting notes regularly and enjoyed them, then it seemed like you dropped off. Glad you’re back, if that was the case; if you were here all the time, then ignore this. [cheers.gif]