Finding value in Australia Cabernet

In an attempt to get more for my wine dollar, I’ve recently started looking to Australia for some bargains. I pretty much abandoned it last decade when my tastes changed to less bombastic wines - mostly Shiraz at the time. I’ve found a couple of Cabs that I really like that can compete with domestic Cabs at 2 or 3X the price point.

• 2013 Kilikanoon Cabernet Sauvignon Blocks Road - Australia, South Australia, Mount Lofty Ranges, Clare Valley (8/21/2017)
    Screwcap. So much to like about this. Interesting and pleasing flavor profile of ripe (but not overripe) Cabernet that retains some of its herbal character. Decent depth and concentration with lots of flavor but the overall impression is relatively light bodied for Cab. No overt wood, char, vanilla, or cocoa notes that I could discern - clean and precise. Probably a better food wine but is enjoyable on its own as well. Very high quality red for the $17 I paid. So much win. (91 pts.)

• 2012 Heartland Cabernet Sauvignon Langhorne Creek - Australia, South Australia (8/18/2017)
    Screwcap. Lots of fruit, but not at all over the top. A little vanilla but not overpowering and no woody notes. Acidity not really integrated. Plenty of varietally correct Cab, with a hint of herbal that I found appealing. A bit muddled and imprecise, but not a bad drink at all, especially for $10. (88 pts.)

Both of these are so much more interesting and enjoyable than the sub $20 Mondavi, Louis Martini, etc. Cabs that we find here in this market segment. Ridiculous value here for wines that I actually enjoy drinking.