TN: 2012 Ceritas Chardonnay Heintz Vineyard (USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast)

• 2012 Ceritas Chardonnay Heintz Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (8/18/2017)
    Wonderful wine from a wonderful vineyard. Dark yellow with pungent lemon on the nose. Some viscosity, with waves of mouth-coating citrus and a long persistent finish. Any previous angles have been softened five years from vintage. Beautiful wine. Enjoy now or hold. Enough acid and fruit in balance that it should last several more years. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve found these start out shrill and acidic, but really soften into beauties after 5+ years. I’ll have to open one of my 2012’s soon. Great to hear it’s coming around

Thx for the great note, pretty sure I have a couple bottles of this…time to take a look.

The 2009s I have (Ritchie) are drinking very well indeed.

This is probably my favorite bottling, but all the chards are very good.

Too bad they don’t source from Ritchie any more. I have 4 750ml and one mag remaining and I know each will be a countdown.

Scott’s note led me to open one. Beautiful, as advertised. I’ll save at least one of mine for the long term, as it has the structure to last.
IMG_1072.JPG

That view looks beautiful too! Glad yours showed well.

1 Like