TN: 2010 Domaine Yves Cuilleron Condrieu Les Chaillets

• 2010 Domaine Yves Cuilleron Condrieu Les Chaillets - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, Condrieu
    This is my third or fourth bottle of this lovely Condrieu over the years and the best so far. I preferred it to the 2010 upper tier Vertige (due to the oak handling). It’s starting to evolve in a very positive way. A golden colour is now developing. A beautiful, detailed bouquet. Smoke, citrus, tinned apricots, honey comb, pineapple and flint, moving towards butterscotch. On palate, oily and viscous. Glycerol. A good volume of fruit. Dense with serious structure, almost tannic-seeming. Complex and non-linear. Honeyed with pineapple and other yellow and exotic fruit, citrus, apricot and caramel. A long mineral, almost saline, finish. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Cuilleron’s ones sounds like they can age? I haven’t had one of theirs in a long time.

Arv, yes, Vernay and Cuilleron are my choice of Condrieus to age. I believe Tunnel’s Condrieus and Pur Blancs will too but it’s early days for them and me.

Great note Howard. These Condrieus from Cuilleron are very special wines. They age beautifully.