TN: 2008 Nicolas Joly Clos de la Coulée de Serrant

Good, getting better. Still young to me.

• 2008 Nicolas Joly Clos de la Coulée de Serrant - France, Loire Valley, Anjou-Saumur, Savennières-Coulée de Serrant (8/17/2017)
    Still big, rich and oily. Terrific palate pressure that is pillowy and dense. Flavors of Peach and honey and real sense of salinity. The back end shows a wiry acidity and some structure that leaves you with the impression that the wine is still wound up.

Posted from CellarTracker

But did you try to unwind it, or did you swirl it counter-clockwise? [cheers.gif] [inquisition.gif] [gen_fro.gif]

10 seconds in the Vitamix did not help. neener

Seriously: I´ve never really enjoyed a Coulée de Serrant younger than 18-20 years …
most when tasted were shut up, acidic and ungainy …
but MAN were they good when really mature (1978, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1990 …)

Your (very interesting) TN seemes to be really civilized … and less closed than usual …

Thanx

I’ve had the 2005 many, many times…and always found the wine to be singular & special when I opened it. I’ve chit one last bottle that I’m waiting 20+ years from vintage to open and see what I can get from it. Thanks for the notes!

I’ve not had many older bottles. And most '99, '01, '05 each at around 10-12 years. I would say this was fairly civilized, but not really secondary at all. I want more from it and tried to convey. I mean, you can drink it now…
Cheers, guys.