Wine Bucket List

I realized on the commute home last night that I don’t actually have a wine bucket list. I have been lucky that through the years, most of what would be on my bucket list has been met. Of course, my list would be considered modest by most standards but I have met great people, traveled to wonderful places, drank some wonderful bottles of wine and been part of every step of the process from planting a vineyard to growing the grapes to harvesting and making the final product. Sure there are plenty of experiences still remaining that I look forward to but nothing that would consider a bucket list item.

A quick search here shows that the term gets used a lot but there hasn’t really been a thread on what is on everyone’s bucket list. I’m curious as to what is on other peoples’ lists and if I am missing something that I need to consider for my bucket list.

1992 Screaming Eagle
Any vintage of Diamond Creek Lake Vineyard
1974 Heitz Martha’s from magnum
Quinta do Noval Nacional
1967 d’Yquem

1900 Margaux
1989 Haut Brion
1947 Petrus
Any vintage of DRC RC

Unfortunately, there is so much fake 1900 Margaux that I doubt I will ever get to taste it.

Most everything else on my bucket list has been tasted, and I am greatly appreciative of that.

1963 Port, birth year.
Any DRC.

Small bucket…'67 d’Yquem

Any good vintage of Le Pin.

A visit to DRC.

Clicked on this actually believing someone was looking for spit bucket recommendations…Only at WB.

Prefer chromed or stainless as they dump easily & don’t stain.

I’m not a fan of the bucket list concept. However I have for the past couple of years written a notional ‘buying list’ to help ensure that I buy what I really want, not just what’s a good deal. I try to refresh my memory of what is on the list, sometimes amending the list if something else excites, feeling free to buy other stuff in a mixed dozen, but generally trying to make sure that a fair chunk of what is in the mixed dozen, is on the list.

Last year it worked really well, as it did bring a little focus to my buying, so repeated this year and with similar success (so fare).

Rather than copy paste (the formatting may not work), here’s a link to the half year update
http://forum.auswine.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15346&p=142237&hilit=new+year+buying+list#p142237

Great call on the 74 Heitz magnum. That’s one of mine for sure

I’d love to be able to do a big vertical of Haut Brion.

Any 1961 bordeaux…

Historic Vineyard Society event

Pol Roger Winston Churchill
The oldest bottle of Dunn Howell Mountain I can find
'63 port my birth year (jebus)

If people will agree to a bucket list offline, and someone else will agree to bring a bottle of DRC, I can contribute, from the lists of others above, Quinta do Noval Nacional (I have the 1978 and the 1996), Pol Roger Churchill (what we served at my son’s wedding - really good, the 1999 beat the pants off a 2002 Dom) or a 1963 Port.

My bucket list is:

Any good vintage of Petrus at least 20 years old
18th Century Madeira (I have a 19th century and an early 20th century at home)
Any good vintage of DRC

Thanks to Mark Taylor, I’ve had many of my bucket list wines, with all the world-class Bordeaux he shares each year.

Definitely would love to try '90 Chave Hermitage (I have a bottle, so it’s likely I’ll get to try it) and any good vintage of Cuvee Cathelin would be high on the bucket list. Krug Clos d’Ambonnay as well.

Never tried any of these, so they are top on my bucket list:

Gentaz
Verset
Le Pin

I’ve otherwise been blessed to have tried some strong vintages of most other premier wines from the regions that I adore, Bordeaux, Northern Rhone and Chinon. Some of my faves have been 1989 Petrus, 1989 Haut Brion, 1982 Mouton, 1990 and 2000 Cheval Blanc. Chateau d’Yquem from multiple vintages, all living up to the hype. I’ve had some killer Leovilles from the 1920s, Ausones from the '50s, and an array of Classified Growths (but no First Growths) from 1961. Have never tried a single 1959 Classified Growth, so gotta remedy that. Have also dreamed of a 1961 La Chapelle.

And from Bern’s, have probably tried 8-10 Madieras from the 1800s, one pre-civil war. That list was a total treat, but is getting picked over badly. Like Jay, would love to try an 18th Century Madiera.

I got a really nice one as part of a Veuve Clicquot gift set. It’s orange and acrylic and works really well.

Never really made a list of wine buckets. You guys are too anal.

Tex,
The 1992 Screagle has eluded me too. a solo bottle was offered and I thought it was to expensive for an unknown quantity upon release, duh,
The others were way too easy back in the day.

tasting 99s from barrel with Bernard Noblet at DRC was one of my wine epiphanies that I will remember always.

A sound bottle of 62 La Tâche is my bucket list wine.

Living in France and possibly Burgundy is high on that list of vinous desires.