New To Kalon Wine Coming (Constellation)

That didn’t take very long…

that’s actually a very informative article. Interesting stuff

“To Kalon (TOW-kuh-lawn)”

Crap, its gonna take a long time to correct my pronunciation of this.

Also, let me know when to sign up for the allocation list.

Thanks for sharing Karen.

Interesting read.

Nice tasting note on the Realm (one of my favorite wineries).

Wonder how much over $150 the Andy/Constellation To Kalon will be. Guessing $250.

I think you are on track.

A very interesting read, thanks for sharing.

+1 on both . Maybe $500 like the Hobbs (and others?)

To Kalon is a beautiful vineyard, that’s for sure.

But I hate all this legal and corporate crap. I would rather support a small family owned and operated producer like MACDONALD. I visited them back in FEB, and Alex was great. His 2014 sourced from their To Kalon vines was sublime…

So would most (who like that kind of wine). Hence the waitlist and premium over retail out there . In the meantime need to pursue other options.

Sounds like your options are:

1. The UC Davis research facility
  2. Detert

[cheers.gif]

Wasn’t referring to me but sure would benefit others!!

Curious, do you own a car, what brand? Who’s your internet provider? Do you only shop at small family owned stores?

Yup, Jaguar F-PACE
Cox Internet
No, impossible these days.

I support the Mom and Pop wineries and the larger ones, all good. If I had a preference between the various To Kalon’s, MACDONALD would be my choice. But that’s me.

Cmon give me a break with this one . How many family owned affordable car companies and Internet providers are out there? Not too many. And I buy my luggage at a luggage store , my sneakers at a local non/chain store , my local Ace hardware for miscellaneous things .

All good! Nothing wrong with it at all, not trying to pass judgement.

Tremendous article!

Yeah, that was a nice read, thx for posting.

They should call it To-Kalon Grande.

To distinguish their 450 from the Beckstoffer section.

This MIGHT mean that they indeed intend to let TRB continue to do whatever he wants with Schafer. Erickson helms a completely separate premium To-Kalon cab. I look forward to the wine. Erickson won’t lose his skill working for a large operation, they have premium To-Kalon fruit and the money to provide premium facilities.

I just hope they don’t exert the concept that they advanced at trial and start using other non-contiguous sources for To-Kalon wines. That starts to be like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

Car= Tesla (small family owned)
Internet= Frontier -sucks but bought Verizon
Small Family Stores- Well, Amazon, TJ and Costco - each started by a small family and then expanded…

And to go with the small producer theme, virtually the entirety of my 900 or so bottles are from producers who make less than 10K cases.

As for the Mondavi new To Kalon, did anyone notice that the most recent releases of the Mondavi Reserve (my only exposure to those is at the small, family owned store called Costco, say To Kalon Vineyard when they used to just say Reserve?