We are 92!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/wines/101-best-wineries-in-america-2017/ss-AApqq8z?ocid=spartanntp#image=11

Somebody sent me this because we (Uvaggio) are 92.
I thought it was a very idiosyncratic list prepared by Coleman Andrews aka Van Delaney, D Corti, and others.
With Littorai and Caymus running neck and neck it’s seems they have no ax to grind on style. It’s worth looking at. Lots of wineries we never think about.

Congratulations

Congrats!!

Interesting list complied by daily meal…any thoughts/ criticisms?

Congrats! champagne.gif That vermentino sounds tasty, have to grab one next time I’m in the market for that type of wine.

As I recall, there are all sorts of famous wineries left off the list, esp the big guns in Napa and Sonoma.
Then there are a bunch of wineries that are pretty new who get high ratings, like Daou.

My greatest pleasure was beating out my former NY rep, Morten Hallgren, who came in at 93. His Ravines Rieslings are terrific.

It’s fun scrolling through the list.

Napa?! I thought ‘Uvaggio’ was trademarked by Sperino??

We have no plans to sue them. We’ve been trademarked since 1997 here in the USA.

I was hoping for some reactions to the other names on the list.

Congratulations, Mel!

Even Castelli is on the list!

‘Uvaggio’ is the Italian word for cépage, or ‘varietal composition,’ are you sure they’ve a claim on it?

No, I’d have to look at my bottles of it to make sure. I simply don’t recall others using it. At least now I know there is a restaurant I can visit in California!

Well, Mr. Knox, I was unable to load the list right now. But I certainly owe you a huge thank you and a “wish I had made this” for the lovely rose you brought for your visit here. Awesome wine.

Restaurant in california? I was curious and looked it up on google, the first that came up for Uvaggio was a tapas/wine bar in Coral Gables, Florida, but I guess we’re talking about Mel’s winery:

didn’t see a restaurant associated with the winery though that would be very cool if there was one.

I scrolled through the 101-best-wineries list, btw, it was very eclectic. Seems dominated by the opinions of a few people in the food/restaurant world, and looks like it was more spreading the love to various regions (Texas, Arizona, Connecticut…) for the sake of geographic diversity rather than true winery quality. Interesting to learn about some wineries I hadn’t heard of, and interesting as a starting point for discussion, but doesn’t seem like a very serious or rigorous ranking.

It is really not my winery. I am just an investor. We make the wine at rented facilities. But it is good tool for keeping my free floating anxiety issue concentrated on something else.

1/we have no restaurant…whew!! that would overwhelm my free floating anxiety issue
2/I think my partner gets along with the Sperino folks just fine…no problem between us…
3/Merrrill, glad you enjoyed the wine…you can scroll through the list by using the arrows on either side of the picture of ‘our’ bottling line, state of the art 1976
4/it is a crazy list and perhaps the goal of the writers is to open us up to wineries not usually on our radar.