Anyone on Sheridan mailer? Offer out.

Actually it’s more like a wine club and that turns people off but the obligation is minimal.
I was on this list in the past and have a few 2008 and 2009 reserve syrahs in the cellar.
Last month I had a 2009 Block 1 Cab and it was fantastic. Also recently saw Jeb’s scores on the 2014 and 2015 and said why am I still not on this list.

Offer came today
2014 Singularity Syrah $70 JD 96+
2014 Block 1 Cabernet $80 JD 99
Club requires you to buy 2 of each. I bought and extra 2 cabs and a mag ($200)

L’Orage Magnums were $100 JD 96-I bought 2

Also available
2015 Mystique $20 JD 94 (bought 18 bottles for a party I plan on throwing)
2015 Cabernet $20 JD 93

Not sure why this producer doesn’t get a lot of recognition. These prices are a breath of fresh air for a wine of this quality. Other wineries that get scores like this tend to raise their prices.

+1 on Sheridan; another fan on the north shore of MA! Hope these prices stay in check.

Cheers,
Mary

I like Sheridan, but the top-end wines are getting up there in price. Their second label, Kamiakin, can be outrageous QPR wines. Great for non-contemplative BBQ / tailgate wines. Sub-$15. Seriously.

I don’t remember what I paid for their 2008/9 reserves but $70-80 is still a great price for a high 90s point wine in relation to what else is out there. The reserve cab I had recently was phenomenal. It’s been a while since I’ve had there basic bottles but I do remember liking the L’Orage and/or cab franc. The QPR on the current basic bottlings if they match Jeb’s ratings is great. Their bottlings do benefit from some age.