Littorai was out today.

Full release with some library wines. Uff those library wines are pricey. bought some whites in Magnums which are tough to source.

Looks like the One Acre library packs sold out. Good for them. The premium over release pricing was too rich for me.

I am short on cash after Svalbard and other purchases, but got some of the Sonoma and AV appellation wines to stay on the list.

Prices continue to go up on their appellation Pinots. Now $60/each vs $46/each from the 2012 vintage.

I buy a fair amount of CA Pinot Noir and Littorai and Rhys have quickly become two of the larger producers in my (small) cellar, but ultimately will need to slow or stop purchases from Rhys, Kutch, Littorai, William Selyem, and Ceritas.

Even through we drink more CA Pinot than anything else, as we continue to buy more Oregon Pinot, drink younger Berserker Day discoveries, etc., there just isn’t room to keep stocking away some of these.

I’ve already cut out Rivers Marie and Sojourn, not because I don’t like the wines, but just had to start somewhere and palate is already shifting to leaner styles. Need to find time and opportunity to pen some of these side by side to really narrow in on preferences instead of opening still with insufficient frequency to let true relative taste preference/style be decided.

Have loved these Wines but just can’t afford to keep spending on CA Pinot. Have kept it to Peay, Rhys and Kutch and will probably stay with that, though I love and respect Littorai, Sojourn, Ceritas, Arnot-Roberts and a few others…

I have picked up 4-6 bottles in prior offers, but did not bite this time. I am really picky about Pinot - more so than for Cab, Syrah or Zin. Unfortunately, the Pinots that I like (all California) are all around $80-$90 when you factor in tax and shipping - I had to eliminate a few producers. I am not looking forward to being completely priced out, but the day is coming. I have not found any Oregon Pinot that I enjoy as much - yet…

I bought a highly mixed case of this offering, and ended up at $900 with tax and shipping. That’s heavy. And it was only that low because some of the bottles were the $30 Rose. Not sure if I will do this every year.

Really the Littorai release happens in February. This one just has some odds and ends, notably the appellations wines and some magnums. I make my one purchase for the year in the Winter, holding it all for the Fall pick-up party.

Good for them that the One Acre verticals sold out, but my was that some aggressive pricing! I’d be concerned about a few of those old Acres. The '97, for example, was served by Ted en magnum at a dinner at Cyrus circa 2010, and seemed fully mature at the time. Out of magnum no less.