TN: Two from Sicily

We had these over the last two weekends. Both were very enjoyable.

2015 Valle Dell’acate IL Frappato – this is a great, modestly-priced fruity wine that is perfect for summer drinking. There is a ton of up-front cranberry and cherry fruit with a nice dash of minerals on the finish. For around $20, this is an easy buy and will pair well with a lot of Mediterranean food. Very light in color and body but with a lot of flavor.

2014 Passopisciaro Passorosso – simply stated, an excellent bottle of wine. We gave this wine about three hours of air before serving. There is tart cherry fruit on the nose, along with strawberry, herbs and a bit of ash. There is a lot of acidity on the palate, and the finish is long, pure and bright with red fruits. If you drink one now, decant for a few hours. Or else lay down for a few years. This was a perfect compliment to grilled salmon. 15% alcohol but there is so much fruit that it does not have any trace of heat. I will be looking for more of this.

Thanks,
Ed

Agree, the 2014 Passopisciaro is superb. Great now, and should still improve with age. I keep adding more bottles of this when I see it.

Great notes Ed!
love the Passopisciaro; one of those wines that go down easy, too easy . . .

H Bongiovi wrote:
Great notes Ed!
love the Passopisciaro; one of those wines that go down easy, too easy . . .

Thank you, sir! Great to see you posting here again. champagne.gif

Thanks,
Ed

Thanks Ed!

Vinous/Galloni states best ever. I appreciate the reminder too. At $35.00 a solid value.

I offered the 2015s a month or so ago.
They have yet to leave the winery if anybody wants to get on board