Wine List Help Please

I always enjoy playing this game and so do many of you. Please help me pick 2 bottles from the list. I’m open to anything you feel is a great wine at a decent price. I’m probably bringing a Nigl Grüner and bubbles. Was excited by that 04 Petterino Gattinara as a nice value but what’s your call? Pick 2 please.

Thank you in advance!

http://www.davenportpdx.com/s/davenport-wine916.pdf

Interesting list. I’ll have to check this place out the next time I’m down in Portland.

For my money, I’d go for the 2009 Chave Hermitage Farconnet and the 2012 Ostertag Heissenberg Riesling.

Roulot Aligote 2014
Bouchard Volnay Cailleret Carnot 2002

Throw darts. It’s always a really nice list here.

Clos de la Roilette Cuvee Tardive 2013 42 - Lovely
Scarzello Sarmassa Barolo 2006 89 - fascinated with this house ever since hearing Levi’s pod with the maker
Evesham Wood Temperance Hill Pinot Noir 2013 59 - I’d just want to try this
Any of the Aligote
Pepiere Clos Briords Muscadet 2010 49 - ridiculous
That Gattinara sounds really good too

Enjoy!

Sella Lessona 2006
Boxler Brand 1012

Vincent is right, this is a list filled with fine choices. Many of them previously mentioned. Here are my additions, with the caveat that I haven’t had the particular vintages of most of these.

Albarino from Nanclares or Do Ferreiro.
Chantemerle Chablis L’Homme Mort

Sella Lessona
Burlotto Monvigliero

If you can get them to decant in advance
Nusserhof Lagrein Riserva
Briailles Corton Bressandes (priced roughly at retail value)

Hard to ignore the Roulot name. Nice call on the Volnay in a great vintage too.

You always challenge me to explore new things. Thank you!

Two votes for Sella Lessona. I’ll research!

The Meo Cazumet is well priced.

Hudelot Chambolle and duriel-janthial rully

Hmm, i don’t know if it’s real, but that bottle of Rougeard seems wayyyy underpriced. It’s well over $200 on WS.

Edit: I forgot I’m supposed to pick two. The Pepiere 4 is delicious - like a Briords haunted by the ghost of a hunk of pecorino.

PYCM en Remilly is Always good

That is the first wine list that I’ve seen corkage explicitly called out. Like.

I like the Italian reds, and would probably go for the Fumin, but Antoniolo, Burlotto, Foradori, Sella all of interest, as would be the Gattinara, but I don’t think I’ve tasted that one.

How 'bout threee?:

Antoniolo
Do Ferreiro
FX Pichler Gruner

Thank you Ian. I’d say more often than not corkage is spelled out in Portland. If not, we just assume it’s $20. A couple places it’s higher but those are typically gratuity included.

I’ve had mixed experiences with brett and Rougeard so I’d prefer not to roll the dice. The Somm will have tasted this case though, so I can ask about it.

Love your description of the Pepiere though!

What a great list and great recommendations above.

I’ll add Pierre Peters Chetillion 2006, very well priced at $185.

I’d also ask if what they have listed as Lahore Violaine (never heard of it and Cellartracker doesn’t show it) might actually be the Benoit Lahaye Violaine which is a fantastic Champagne.

It’s entirely possible Jay. Kurt is well known for his insouciant approach to spelling.

+1 good choices. I might be interested also to see how the 1996 Domaine Bruno Clair Savigny-lès-Beaune La Dominode is.