The new releases for Colombera and Garella:updated with part II

here’s Part I. I will update with part II tomorrow (adding to this post)

"By now you’ve figured out that the wines in the background/header (photos) of this post are NOT the new releases. Those wines were bottled well before there was a Colombera & Garella. In fact, this young winery began in 2010, with most of the vines in the area (which was once 120,000 acres, and now is less than 10,000) less than 15 years of age.

In this post, I will review three wines, tasted at the winery, and again some days later in Cerea, just outside of Verona, at one of the best, most fun (natural) wine fairs in Italia, maybe in Europe, ViniVeri 2017. For those interested, Giampiero Bea is the president of the ViniVeri consortium, and from my interactions with them, it’s first class all the way; the support people are excellent, it’s a really great setting, and knowing I’m with people dedicating everything in pursuit of natural winegrowing, well, it’s just a different vibe. One of the producers had just one hectare; he came all the way from It’s a happy place, and I can not wait to return next year.

I’d reached out to Colombera & Garella about a month before my arrival in Italia.- I know timing is important given all the work at the winery/vineyards, and Cristiano’s hectic schedule - he’s involved with many projects/wineries in the area. Cristiano and I agreed on a date and time, 31 March. I couldn’t wait."

here’s a link to my blog The new releases for Colombera & Garella – Part I – ItalianWine.blog

I hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking

updated, blog post/with tasting notes, Part II Colombera & Garella – tasting the new releases, visit, Part II – ItalianWine.blog

"Sometimes things happen and we have no idea why. Try as we might to understand, maybe it’s best to just let it happen. That’s pretty much the feeling I had when I tasted through the wines @ColomberaeGarella today. During the tasting, a feeling washed across me, then it kind of held me, it resonated in the mind and soul, and its message was “I’m nature, and I’ve been loved, so now, I love you back”.

I have some idea, having been doing this wine/Italian wine thing for ~ 20 years now, of how one gets in touch with the land, how one cares and pays attention, but it’s these times, these rare times, when I taste wines where it’s like someone has not only unlocked all of the secrets of the land, but the land has made the winegrower a partner, and lets them in on the secret handshake, etc. But of course there is no secret handshake, there’s only an ability to listen to the land, to listen to the plants, and to act when they say they need something, and to leave them alone when they don’t. It’s about respect. It’s my experience that this respect is at the root of ‘passion’, too."

thanks for looking