Domaine Huet 2016 Vintage

The offers are starting to come out on these. From what little info I can find online, it appears to be a good vintage, with most of the cuvees made up and down the range. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the wines? How do they compare with 2014, 2015, or any other years?

Unfortunately, I cannot offer any first hand experience on the '16 wines. But I do know that I just put in an order for the '16s with a local retailer and my order was cut in half! And for the sec wines, they were only offering Le Mont. Bummer…

Well, at least I know now why there was no Sec Le Mont included in the pre-sell offer here in Seattle - it went to the East Coast! Out here, I was able to order Sec Le Haut Lieu & Clos du Bourg, as well as Demi-Sec Le Haut Lieu & Le Mont (no Demi-Sec Clos du Bourg either). Seems a bit random, doesn’t it?

It does, but I read Clos du Bourg suffered the most frost damage, as compared with Le Mont and Le Haut Lieu. So I think there’s just a lot less of it to go around this year compared to the other vineyards. I picked up a few of the Haut Lieu and Mont demi-secs. I wasn’t offered Clos du Bourg demi-sec either (nor, for that matter, Haut Lieu or Clos du Bourg secs).

Interesting because my local retailer only had Le Mont for the sec wines and doesn’t think they’re going to get any Haut Lieu or Clos du Bourg. Definitely seems pretty random.