TN: 2005 Lamy St Aubin Remilly

This is wonderful. Light golden color. Very young in appearance. Stony. So complete in many ways. Aromatically shy but this one just kills on the palate.

Sometimes you are the windshield. Today this is me.

The Bug by Mary Chapin Carpenter

snip

“Sometimes you’re the windshield
Sometimes you’re the bug
Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you’re just a fool in love”

A 2008 Remilly I had a year or so ago, opened my eyes to the greatness of Lamy.

Sounds really good, Don. I have not had the 05, but the 08 Russ mentions is a riveting bottle of white Burgundy.

Huge fan of Olivier’s wines. His St. Aubin are some of the best QPR coming out of Burgundy IMO. I have a few 2006s coming in from WineBid so I am relieved to see your 2005 is still showing young.

I just opened a 2010 Chateniere this weekend which was really good. Better the next day.

I just picked up a couple bottles of the 2008 based on this thread.

Also love Lamy, though get access to very little of it malheureusement. Quite interesting to see your thoughts on the 05 vintage, Don, thanks as always for posting!

Mike

recently opened a 2014 H. Lamy en Remilly. It was laser sharp and delicious

Lamy Remilly is really fine. It was a bargain for a long time. Here in Germany the prices went north recently. Unfortunately.

I have never had it, but I happen to have five bottles of the 2013 arriving tomorrow. Any suggestion on the aging and premox issues with this one?

We had Lamy En remilly 1er Cru St-Aubin 2014 yesterday… I was laser sharp and damn delicious!! I’ve had some oxydized bottles, but this one was perfect.