TN: 2007 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills (USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills)

• 2007 Thomas Pinot Noir Dundee Hills - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (7/22/2017)
    Popped and poured, then followed for three hours. Medium ruby color. Fresh nose of cranberry, mulberry, anise, intense florals, white stone. Layers of exuberant yet poised red raspberry and cranberry fruit on the palate complicated by brier, cinnamon, and a hint of stems. Crisp acidity and serious tannin balancing nicely, with the overall texture evolving to pure velvet by hour three. Significantly long finish with echoes of red berry and earth. Last sips were best. Lovely wine, showing beautifully in late adolescence. (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Great note, Doug. This wine was a bit disjointed in its youth. It has integrated quite nicely, over the past few years.

Seeing notes like this make it much easier to sit on my last two bottles of 2010. Thank you for sharing your note!

I loved this vintage of Thomas.

Greg, Kirk, Bob,

Thanks for your replies.

I have really enjoyed the 2007 from Thomas as it is so elegant and accessible right now. Alas this was my last bottle. I think it has years to go and will probably continue to get better. These wines age so well.

Cheers,
Doug

Doug – Hopefully, you have some 2011 to dig into, now that you’re out of 2007. The bottle that I opened a couple of weeks ago was a head turner.

Great note. Sounds shitty.

Jason

Greg,

Very good to know. I am fortunate enough to have a stash of 2011 slumbering in the cellar (somewhere).

Jason,

Hah! I am a fan of same.

Cheers,
Doug

Thomas 10 year rule. Nicely done.

RT

Richard,

I am learning (albeit with difficulty) to wait at least that long.

Cheers,
Doug

I wish I had waited. 2011 uncorked tonight for homemade pizza and it showed a very sweet attack. Have a glass in a Zalto Burg for a few hours from now.